Gaming Troubles installing OSx

Licardo7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i want to install OSx on my pc along side windows7 and so i tried to run it but every time i boot with the dvd it says x86/darwin loading and after about 20 seconds it restarts and goes into windows again. I have tried 4 differnet ISOs and they all do the same, except the latest one, it at least flashes the apple logo for about a second then restarts

any help will be greatly appreciated

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Try this:

1) Download & burn this.
2) Boot from CD. It will ask you to enter boot flags. Press enter. It will the prompt you for a hexidecimal boot device. Stop & eject current CD. Input SL ISO. Wait for DVD drive to stop spinning & press enter. It ask you to press F8 for boot flags. Do so and type "-v". Press enter once more.
3) SL ISO should boot.

Once SL is installed you'll never have to do this again. Also works for any other OS as a nice Live Bootloader CD if the current one is corrupted and you need to access a partition.

EDIT: Also if your hard drive isn't in AHCI mode, you will get a "Can't find root device error" so make sure that you have it set to AHCI in your BIOS.

Licardo7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When i set it in AHCI mode and tired to boot from the cd it said i was missing a boot file i believe. I will try this method but i don't believe i am missing it because i tried it with another iso and it gave me the same error. But i will attempt it

murkurie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How much ram do you have? I know with the retail install method some have issues with over 4gb not sure about OSX distros though. boot with -v flags and tell us were it hangs at

Licardo7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
murkurie said:
How much ram do you have? I know with the retail install method some have issues with over 4gb not sure about OSX distros though. boot with -v flags and tell us were it hangs at

4 gigs of ddr2, where it hangs at?
anyway i tried the other method and it seems like it won't even let me boot from a cd in ahci mode at all. I tried in sata mode but it still ended up restarting itself and booting to windows =/

murkurie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What type of processor do you have? and running it with he -v flag is in verbose mode, so the last thing it did would be displayed on the screen along with the kernel panic. A picture of the panic would help me determine your next step.

Licardo7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
murkurie said:
What type of processor do you have? and running it with he -v flag is in verbose mode, so the last thing it did would be displayed on the screen along with the kernel panic. A picture of the panic would help me determine your next step.
I have an AMD phenom II x2 550 oced to 3.7ghz
Ill see if i can make a video of this and show my bios and what i do.

edit: nvr mind my camera is busted

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all...