Trouble with tinfoil install

reggub

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
Alright, I've given up using search engines because all of the linked threads are from 2020 and do not fix anything I have a problem with. I've been trying to run Tinfoil so that I can install the JP dub on my copy of shin megami tensei V, however every time I boot it into the version that I downloaded from the latest releases on hbgshop, I get this message that the DS failed to initialize and my library refuses to update itself. opening tinfoil also stops the game from loading and forces me to reboot my switch.

I'm 90% positive that the problem is a mismatched ofw, sigpatches and tinfoil version, however it's impossible for me to find a set of stable versions that all work in tandem because again, none of the linked discussions I can see via search engine are from 2021, and for whatever reason tionfoil.io won't let you download previous releases and there's no readme in the self-installer for tinfoil 13.0, and the contents suggest that all you need to do is drag-and-drop the files into your SD card, however everytime I've tried that the software has broken.

So I'm going to ask the following question; Please give me a list of downloads to a version of atmosphere, a version of the fusee and aversion of tinfoil that are ALREADY KNOWN TO BE BOTH COMPATIBLE AND STABLE. that way I can wipe everything off my SD card that's conflicting with each other and reinstall versions of the software that actually work.

Please do not link to one release of any of the above without linking to the compatible releases for any of the other software otherwise I'll just assume you're trolling and block you.

Quezacotl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
There'a problems with Tinfoil if chainloading Atmosphere from Hekate with fusee-secondary(or what was the new name).

reggub

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
There'a problems with Tinfoil if chainloading Atmosphere from Hekate with fusee-secondary(or what was the new name).
not using secondary or primary, my current atmosphere version is the latest release that requires the regular fusee.bin in order to boot correctly

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I've given up using search engines because all of the linked threads are from 2020 and do not fix anything I have a problem with. I've been trying to run Tinfoil so that I can install the JP dub on my copy of shin megami tensei V, however every time I boot it into the version that I downloaded from the latest releases on hbgshop, I get this message that the DS failed to initialize and my library refuses to update itself. opening tinfoil also stops the game from loading and forces me to reboot my switch.

I'm 90% positive that the problem is a mismatched ofw, sigpatches and tinfoil version, however it's impossible for me to find a set of stable versions that all work in tandem because again, none of the linked discussions I can see via search engine are from 2021, and for whatever reason tionfoil.io won't let you download previous releases and there's no readme in the self-installer for tinfoil 13.0, and the contents suggest that all you need to do is drag-and-drop the files into your SD card, however everytime I've tried that the software has broken.

So I'm going to ask the following question; Please give me a list of downloads to a version of atmosphere, a version of the fusee and aversion of tinfoil that are ALREADY KNOWN TO BE BOTH COMPATIBLE AND STABLE. that way I can wipe everything off my SD card that's conflicting with each other and reinstall versions of the software that actually work.

Please do not link to one release of any of the above without linking to the compatible releases for any of the other software otherwise I'll just assume you're trolling and block you.
Just use TinWoo Installer instead. I've always been using it and it has never once given me an issue.

horokeusama

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Replying to say that I'm facing the same exact issue. Booting the Switch in maintenance mode didn't help either, and what I did to fix it was initializing my CFW through the Config menu and then reinstalling the game again via ns-usbloader + awoo installer (via USB).

I'm at least glad I am not the only person with this issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.