Trouble with SNES Online controller for Nintendo Switch

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories & Hardware' started by simbin, Oct 1, 2019.

1. simbin
    OP

simbin GBAtemp Fan

Jul 28, 2015
    United States
    Hi all, just got my SNES Online controller for Nintendo Switch today, but I'm having trouble getting it to work. Plugging into the USB on my dock, I get the amber charging light on top. The only other thing I can do is hold in the sync button in for a few seconds, and the 4 lights on the bottom begin blinking, one after another, like it's searching. Nothing ever happens on my Switch though. I tried pressing/holding Start, both L/R buttons, plugged/unplugged, Bluetooth enabled, but still nothing. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

2. Sora Takihawa

Sora Takihawa Planeptunes Male CPU

Oct 11, 2015
    Germany
    Planeptune
    are you on 8.1 or 9.0? You need atleast 9.0 for it to work.

3. simbin
    OP

simbin GBAtemp Fan

Jul 28, 2015
    United States
    I was afraid of that. Still on 8.1 because of 9.0 compatibility issues. Backing up all my carts to USB.

4. jkjj

jkjj Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 16, 2019
    United States
    this controller is only for snes online, yes?
    could someone provide some insight why they would purchase this over one of the 8bitdo offerings?

i have an SN30 pro and i use dpad only in plenty of games, the sticks do not get in the way. its fabulous.

5. simbin
    OP

simbin GBAtemp Fan

Jul 28, 2015
    United States
    No, it supposedly works with everything system-wide, except you don't have dual thumb sticks for games that require them of course. I already have several 8BitDo controllers, but I'm a sucker for official Nintendo hardware.

6. jkjj

jkjj Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 16, 2019
    United States
    ah i see, well i thought it was restricted to snes online. knowing it isn't really changes my viewpoint and i would like to try one out sometime. godspeed

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted