Trouble with my new R4 SDHC Gold Pro 2017

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Ramer487, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Ramer487
    OP

Ramer487 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 1, 2017
    United States
    I just received my new R4 SDHC Gold Pro in the mail and after some difficulty I managed to find the kernel I needed (I believe). I'm running the card on my 2DS Ver. 11.3.0-36U and I can get DS roms to run perfectly but I tried a 3ds rom and it wouldn't run at all. Just seemed to freeze. The kernel I downloaded had the file name "R4i-V3.9b English". In case anybody is wondering as well I'm posting a picture of the card I have. Any help would be much appreciated as I've gotten a Sun/Moon rom that I would really like to play.[​IMG]

2. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Its a ds flashcard, it won't run 3ds roms. You'd need a sky3ds to play 3ds roms on 11.3 firmware

3. Ramer487
    OP

Ramer487 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 1, 2017
    United States
    I was afraid of that, thank you for the info

4. LansiLiu

LansiLiu Member

Newcomer
    Mar 11, 2016
    Switzerland
    A 3DS ROM?No, R4i don't support 3DS games......DS game only.BTW,I am curious about the price of R4 in US,here in China 3$ is enough lol

5. Ramer487
    OP

Ramer487 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 1, 2017
    United States
    I don't remember how much I paid but it was less than $10 with shipping included.

Also I'm trying to do some research and coming up with multiple different answers. Which card would be better for me to get: the DSTwo+ or Sky3ds?

6. Ramer487
    OP

Ramer487 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 1, 2017
    United States
    Nevermind I just did a little closer research and saw that since I haev the 11.3.0 36 firmware I'll have to get the Sky3ds+ to play the 3ds roms.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice