Hacking Trouble With External Hard Drive. xP

soraxcloud

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just got an eternal hard drive! It was really bought for the sake of backing up my stuff but sense it's 500GB I figured I'd partition it off and use part for Wii games and part for backup. That's been done successfully and I formatted the second half of it to WFBS with WFBS Manager 3.0.1, however when certain games finish loading onto it (My Fitness Coach 2, Dragon Ball Z Boudikai Tenkaichi 3, Super Paper Mario, Super Smash Bro. Brawl, Just to name a few) I get the error "Error occurred wail loading drive. Make sure the drive is not in use or open and that it has been formatted to WFBS format." Then it says my drive is corrupt and I have to reformat it from My Computer then reformat it to WFBS from WFBS Manager.

Some of the games that work are Animal Crossing City Folk, Bust a Move Bash, Dance Dance Revolution Hottest Party 2, Geometry Wars, Ivy the Kiwi and New Super Mario Bros Wii. Though I haven't gotten to test them on the Wii itself yet. I wanted to figure out why some of them are corrupting my drive first. >.>

Ugh I think I put this in the wrong part of the forum. Sorry guys. =(

mvgc3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried using FAT32 instead of WBFS? Just about all homebrew and backup loaders (at least the ones worth having) work with it now, and that way you don't even need partitions.

soraxcloud

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Humm really? That begs the question which am I using then... I know I've used one to play Super Smash Bros. Brawl off an 8GB thumb drive cause it wouldn't fit on a disk. Which would you suggest?

mvgc3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had no problems with FAT32 in the many months that I've used it. I'd say go with that.

Use WiiBackupManager to transfer your games. It'll convert them to the right format and put the games in the right folder for you. The FAT32 4GB is bypassed by the ability to break the games into parts, so Brawl and the Metroid games (as well as any other DL games, if there are any) will work just fine.

darkspirit456

Trophies
Website
dsmadness.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah use Fat32, use WiiBackupManger to transfer your ISO into your HDD and use CFG load or Wiiflow to load the game
smile.gif
You don't need to partition your HDD. That's what I did to my HDD and it work perfectly, no lag no anything
biggrin.gif

WiiBackupManger

Loader:

CFG Loader (Recommended, they update a lot)

Wiiflow

soraxcloud

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks so much guys! That seems to have worked like a charm! x3

One more question! How do I put on super smash bros brawl? I tried loading it in like all the others but it turned red in the side box and wouldn't go. =(

mvgc3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't have a problem transferring it. Check the log file, its the far right tab. I think that would be your best bet. The only time I had a problem is when I was doing some dumb stuff with my harddrive and all but corrupted it. I managed to recover the majority of the files but some of it didn't go so well. So a few ISOs were corrupted, and got errors when I tried to load them on to a new drive. Hopefully its something else in your case
happy.gif

soraxcloud

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hehe yesh. x3

Hummm this is the only thing in red in the log
21:53:12 (WiiDisc.DoFiles) Invalid partition found
21:53:12 (WiiDisc.DoDisc) Error Reading partition 2 type = 1212233797

Wonder if maybe when I tried to extract the SSBB iso from mai thumbnail drive it didn't come off correctly.

mvgc3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know. I can't help you with that, unfortunately. If you still have the original ISO, you should try that.

soraxcloud

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadly I don't. Had to delete it to make room on my slow old tiny computer once I put it on the thumb drive. xP

Eh well atleast all the others work. I'll work on that problem later. Thank you soooo much for the help! x3

darkspirit456

Trophies
Website
dsmadness.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
soraxcloud said:
Sadly I don't. Had to delete it to make room on my slow old tiny computer once I put it on the thumb drive. xP

Eh well atleast all the others work. I'll work on that problem later. Thank you soooo much for the help! x3
If you still have it on your flash drive or thumb drive, use wiibackupmanager to transfer it to your computer to ISO format then use that ISO to transfer it to your HDD.
smile.gif

That should work

koiulpoi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or, if you have the disk you backed it up from, just insert it and re-rip it. I know for a fact that configurable usb loader will write to FAT32 just fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?