Hacking Trouble with 1 DS Lite

ralphthedog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Greetings all, great place you have here. I recently bought 6 Acekards, and have all of them working but one running 1.8.5. I have 2 Lites here (brother and sister), and one works the other doesn't. When I swap them, it is the same thing, the one always works, with 4 different Acekards 2i's and the other one won't work at all. It comes up to the root menu, and I select Acekard, but then it shuts itself off. Doesn't matter which Acekard i try, or MicroSD card I try.

Any thoughts??

Also, is there any way to remove the THQ label that is on the DSi ones??

ralphthedog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm thinking the same thing. My guess is a power issue. The battery status light is green, but it still shuts off whenever I select the Acekard from the opening screen. I even did up an older R4i with a known working file, and it did the same thing. I tried a regular cart (Sonic Allstar Racing) and it works fine.

I have asked the owner for a power cord to try it with it plugged in. Thanks for the help.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ralphthedog said:
I'm thinking the same thing. My guess is a power issue. The battery status light is green, but it still shuts off whenever I select the Acekard from the opening screen. I even did up an older R4i with a known working file, and it did the same thing. I tried a regular cart (Sonic Allstar Racing) and it works fine.

I have asked the owner for a power cord to try it with it plugged in. Thanks for the help.
While it's true that flashcards use up more power than retail cards, it's not THAT much that the DS would shut off (especially when it's showing green) with a flashcard but work with a retail.

Sounds like a contact issue, either it's not making a good connection or your contacts and connectors aren't lining up properly and it's shorting out or possibly has already blown a fuse.

ralphthedog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I will look into the contacts on the DS, but like I said, it plays the Sonic racing game no problem. It also recognizes the Acekard being in the slot, but only shuts it down when I select it. I just got the power cord, so once I get home, I will try it out. I will post my findings.

Thanks.

ralphthedog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, it was definately a power issue. As soon as I plugged it in, I turned it on with AC power, and it worked. Battery must be on it's way out....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I honestly just download movies on my phone put them on my card reader then on my tv so much better than wireless transfer bs
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Glad I bought a card reader type c and usb A makes life easy
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i download movies on my PC that is connected to my living room tv.
    Monitors are too small for my bad eyesight so I use my main tv and wirelss keyboard and wireless trackball mouse.
    I tried wireless transfer on phone before and yes, it's garbage. lol. So sloooooooooowwwwww.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New south park was not really that funny.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i heard modern south park is too serious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did it hurt your feelings?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Some are still funny, but they always try to use a subject matter related to something going on today.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All you need is one dose of Lizzo to make yourself feel better
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Who tf is lizzo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They always make valid points on that show and it goes over people's heads over sensitivity reasons
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @BigOnYa i mean south park did that way back in the day too
    +2
    remember the Michael Jackson episodes?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or blaming the only jew in the show on 9/11 or having the police shoot the only black kid during a school shooting or saying Kanye a gay fish list goes on
    +2
    the gay fish thing was funny as fuck
    +1
    and i don't even follow or care about kanhye
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Everytime i hear that real song, i think of that episode, "I'm a Gay fish yal."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So was the way they showed how messed up the American health system was to get anything done
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont watch south park that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Old people driving was a funny one, like cars up on 2nd/3rd floors in houses. Had to shut down old country buffet to stop them.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/VAfy26xs6e0?si=EuGdWe_Y25-rfmms accurate