Trouble with 1 DS Lite

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by ralphthedog, Jan 13, 2011.

1. ralphthedog
    OP

ralphthedog Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 13, 2011
    Canada
    Greetings all, great place you have here. I recently bought 6 Acekards, and have all of them working but one running 1.8.5. I have 2 Lites here (brother and sister), and one works the other doesn't. When I swap them, it is the same thing, the one always works, with 4 different Acekards 2i's and the other one won't work at all. It comes up to the root menu, and I select Acekard, but then it shuts itself off. Doesn't matter which Acekard i try, or MicroSD card I try.

Any thoughts??

Also, is there any way to remove the THQ label that is on the DSi ones??

2. GolenSun550

GolenSun550 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 13, 2010
    United States
    far away from you
    Obviously there are some issues with the DS Lite itself , how about cleaning the contacts ?

3. ralphthedog
    OP

ralphthedog Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 13, 2011
    Canada
    I'm thinking the same thing. My guess is a power issue. The battery status light is green, but it still shuts off whenever I select the Acekard from the opening screen. I even did up an older R4i with a known working file, and it did the same thing. I tried a regular cart (Sonic Allstar Racing) and it works fine.

I have asked the owner for a power cord to try it with it plugged in. Thanks for the help.

4. twiztidsinz

twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

Dec 23, 2008
    United States
    While it's true that flashcards use up more power than retail cards, it's not THAT much that the DS would shut off (especially when it's showing green) with a flashcard but work with a retail.

Sounds like a contact issue, either it's not making a good connection or your contacts and connectors aren't lining up properly and it's shorting out or possibly has already blown a fuse.

5. ralphthedog
    OP

ralphthedog Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 13, 2011
    Canada
    I will look into the contacts on the DS, but like I said, it plays the Sonic racing game no problem. It also recognizes the Acekard being in the slot, but only shuts it down when I select it. I just got the power cord, so once I get home, I will try it out. I will post my findings.

Thanks.

6. ralphthedog
    OP

ralphthedog Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 13, 2011
    Canada
    Well, it was definately a power issue. As soon as I plugged it in, I turned it on with AC power, and it worked. Battery must be on it's way out....