Trouble saving games with R4

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by wizzla, Oct 15, 2009.

Oct 15, 2009

Trouble saving games with R4 by wizzla at 9:58 PM (521 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. wizzla
    OP

Newcomer wizzla Newbie

United States
    I've been a lurker around here many times, but this is the first time I've needed to post. I've got a legit R4 that's almost two years old and I'm using a 2 gig SD card.

Recently it's been acting a little strangely. Namely saving isn't working correctly. The biggest problem is with Knights in the Nightmare because it just won't seem to hold a save. I had the latest R4 firmware, which admittedly is ancient, and then switched to YSMenu. The game won't save in either. I thought maybe it was a bad rom, but I've tried a few different ones with no luck.

So do you guys have any ideas about what could be causing the problem?

2. XWolf

Member XWolf GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    What about your actual memory card - the microSD card. It could be that it is faulty. I had a microSD and an SD both die after months of being fine.

3. wizzla
    OP

Newcomer wizzla Newbie

United States
    Yeah, I thought about that too. I don't have a spare to try unfortunately. Probably worth a try though, 2 gig micro SDs are cheap these days anyway.

4. XWolf

Member XWolf GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    You will probably find that it is the cause. If not then you have a second card for other things such as music!

If it is not the microSD try cleaining the contacts on the R4 - use a non residue leaving fluid, something alcohol based.

Do "normal" NDS carts save ok?