Trouble running SNES emulator on PSP.

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by JackPX, Jan 23, 2012.

Jan 23, 2012
  1. JackPX
    OP

Newcomer JackPX Member

Netherlands
    I have an old phat PSP (5.00 M33) and I'd like to play some SNES games on it. I've tried downloading the SNES9x emulator for PSP and followed the instructions for it (to put it in the GAME folder and run it from there), but it didn't work (I got error code 80020148). Considering I'm a complete n00b when it comes to this, is there any troubleshooting or firmware issue you guys would suggest?

2. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    You're using a 1.50 kernel emulator. Grab a newer Snestyl from the Emulation sticky here and you'll be fine.

3. JackPX
    OP

Newcomer JackPX Member

Netherlands
    Thanks a lot! It works now, it seems the emulator versions I tried were simply not up to date. Now I feel silly, though I did try several websites. Next time I'll check the resources on here first.

4. MadHouse38

Member MadHouse38 GBAtemp Regular

Yugoslavia
    Yeah most of the times: Newest,better.

5. JackPX
    OP

Newcomer JackPX Member

Netherlands
    I ran into another problem, so I'll just use this topic again. I made a save state in Earthbound, but when I load it the game is frozen (note than when I made it, there was no problem whatsoever, so I had no reason to assume something went faulty). My last regular save was made about an hour of playing earlier and I'd rather not redo that part. Is there any way to "unfreeze" my save state? I figured it might work normally on a PC emulator, but SNES9x on PC does not seem to accept my PSP emulator save state. =/ Any insights?