Trouble Playing GameCube backup- Super Mario Sunshine.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by games2007, Feb 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. games2007
    OP

Member games2007 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hey, everyone. I own an official copy of Super Mario Sunshine for the GameCube, however, my CD is cracked and doesn't work anymore. My cousin stepped on it accidently a while back. I burned the ISO image -> 1.35 GB (1,459,978,240 bytes)
    I burned it onto a DVD-R(not a mini-DVD)
    I have Starfall 1.0 installed and I'm using the Preloader .27. I can play all of my backups well.
    I have around 16 games burned onto DVD-Rs. I can play them through the disk channel. I ejected Spider-Man 3 and put in Super Mario Sunshine. It shows the gamecube picture on the disk channel. When I try to play the game from the disk channel, my Wii turns black, turns off momentarily, and then comes back to the Preloader screen. I tried the Backup Launchers 0.3 Beta and Gamma, which I didn't think would work, and they didn't. If anyone knows the name of a gamecube ISO launcher or a way to make this work, please tell me. Thank you.
    By the way, I did search for over 30 minutes before I made this post.

*EDIT*
    Oh crapper, Wiigator is releasing his Gamecube backup loader this week. o.O

2. HaniKazmi

Member HaniKazmi GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    Backup loaders only play wii games currently. GC launcher is coming out sometime this week

3. richglix

Newcomer richglix Advanced Member

United States
    Ummm...

Gamecube backups don't work yet. It is being worked on.

Its not just searching, but reading that is important as well, as I'm pretty sure this topic has been discussed at length [​IMG]

4. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Yeah you can't run GC games on any loader right now. You need a chip or that gecko thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.