Hacking Trouble Playing GameCube backup- Super Mario Sunshine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

games2007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, everyone. I own an official copy of Super Mario Sunshine for the GameCube, however, my CD is cracked and doesn't work anymore. My cousin stepped on it accidently a while back. I burned the ISO image -> 1.35 GB (1,459,978,240 bytes)
I burned it onto a DVD-R(not a mini-DVD)
I have Starfall 1.0 installed and I'm using the Preloader .27. I can play all of my backups well.
I have around 16 games burned onto DVD-Rs. I can play them through the disk channel. I ejected Spider-Man 3 and put in Super Mario Sunshine. It shows the gamecube picture on the disk channel. When I try to play the game from the disk channel, my Wii turns black, turns off momentarily, and then comes back to the Preloader screen. I tried the Backup Launchers 0.3 Beta and Gamma, which I didn't think would work, and they didn't. If anyone knows the name of a gamecube ISO launcher or a way to make this work, please tell me. Thank you.
By the way, I did search for over 30 minutes before I made this post.

*EDIT*
Oh crapper, Wiigator is releasing his Gamecube backup loader this week. o.O

HaniKazmi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
games2007 said:
Hey, everyone. I own an official copy of Super Mario Sunshine for the GameCube, however, my CD is cracked and doesn't work anymore. My cousin stepped on it accidently a while back. I burned the ISO image -> 1.35 GB (1,459,978,240 bytes)
I burned it onto a DVD-R(not a mini-DVD)
I have Starfall 1.0 installed and I'm using the Preloader .27. I can play all of my backups well.
I have around 16 games burned onto DVD-Rs. I can play them through the disk channel. I ejected Spider-Man 3 and put in Super Mario Sunshine. It shows the gamecube picture on the disk channel. When I try to play the game from the disk channel, my Wii turns black, turns off momentarily, and then comes back to the Preloader screen. I tried the Backup Launchers 0.3 Beta and Gamma, which I didn't think would work, and they didn't. If anyone knows the name of a gamecube ISO launcher or a way to make this work, please tell me. Thank you.
By the way, I did search for over 30 minutes before I made this post.

Backup loaders only play wii games currently. GC launcher is coming out sometime this week

richglix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ummm...

Gamecube backups don't work yet. It is being worked on.

Its not just searching, but reading that is important as well, as I'm pretty sure this topic has been discussed at length
smile.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah you can't run GC games on any loader right now. You need a chip or that gecko thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Whoever you disclose your gender identity to, keep it private between your friends.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    irl or online
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Always is online.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Pretty much.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    eh I don't keep it private, not much happens except idiots on TikTok making a fool of themselves
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    im still curious as to what a chaser is tho
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    A chaser is someone who uses (mostly trans) individuals to their advantage like I said.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    thats weird
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    blahaj will keep me safe
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    damn I forget my school blocks every video
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Right, yeah.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    dune 2 popcorn bucket
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Many schools use some form of firewall or protection, to prevent certain types of content from being viewable.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, And that haha
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school blocks stuff but allows some stuff, its annoying, they legit can see our screens if they want
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Nah. That popcorns got sand in it :(
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There was a time where we were able to bypass the school's network using a VPN that wasn't blocked on the radar. Can't exactly remember the name, but I was able to watch YouTube.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I used to go on proxy sites but I'm too lazy and it isn't worth it
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Proxy sites, not very effective.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    if ur on a Chromebook and cant change jack about the laptop that's what I gotta use
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    One of the sites that weren't blocked on the school's network was some file uploading sites. I would upload some games, write down the URL and take it to school one day.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't...