Hacking Question Trouble loading cfw using hekate.

Cheatermcgee120

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah forgot to mention try another cable. Ive had 1 jig and 1 cable get finicky on me. Replacing them fixed my issues.
tried another cable. fixed the unidentified usb device issue. still getting black screen issue on bootup from emmunand and sysnand now. since turning on autoboot i cant even get to hekate menu before atmosphere tries booting so i cant check settings either. not really sure what could be causing this as ive followed guides to the T and still no luck. could it be caused by a faulty sd card or am i just shit out of luck with trying to load cfw on this thing?

Last edited by Cheatermcgee120,
Reactions: HollowGrams

HollowGrams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tried another cable. fixed the unidentified usb device issue. still getting black screen issue on bootup from emmunand and sysnand now. since turning on autoboot i cant even get to hekate menu before atmosphere tries booting so i cant check settings either. not really sure what could be causing this as ive followed guides to the T and still no luck. could it be caused by a faulty sd card or am i just shit out of luck with trying to load cfw on this thing?

Maybe autoboot set. Push payload then hold volume + or volume - to trigger hekate.

Does OFW load?

Last edited by HollowGrams,
Reactions: Cheatermcgee120

Cheatermcgee120

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe autoboot set. Push payload then hold volume + or volume - to trigger hekate.

Does OFW load?
got hekate boot menu up. still going into black screen after atmosphere logo after cfw boot from emmu or sysnand. i am able to boot original fw no issue. dont know if my emmunand is corrupting somehow when creating it or something? ive tried autobooting into emmunand or even sysnand cfw and same thing. black screen after atmosphere logo. when trying to boot cfw sysnand this pops up.

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 171
Last edited by Cheatermcgee120,

OniRj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Have you tried changing your SD card ?
I have this exact same issue and after searching it I found out that my SD was actually a Fake one.
Try getting another 64gb SD card and doing the EmuMMC on it.

You can try using "H2testw" to test the card.

Last edited by OniRj,

HollowGrams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

got hekate boot menu up. still going into black screen after atmosphere logo after cfw boot from emmu or sysnand. i am able to boot original fw no issue. dont know if my emmunand is corrupting somehow when creating it or something? ive tried autobooting into emmunand or even sysnand cfw and same thing. black screen after atmosphere logo. when trying to boot cfw sysnand this pops up.

Whats your OFW version?

How are you prepping Atmos?

Cheatermcgee120

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried changing your SD card ?
I have this exact same issue and after searching it I found out that my SD was actually a Fake one.
Try getting another 64gb SD card and doing the EmuMMC on it.

You can try using "H2testw" to test the card.
just tried again on a new sd card. im able to boot into cfw sysnand and access homebrew menu now which is a step in the right direction but still black screen when attempting to boot from emmunand. could i be doing something wrong when creating the emmummc?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Whats your OFW version?

How are you prepping Atmos?
11.0.1 as far as prepping atmos do you mean how am i loading it onto my sd or how am i booting it from hekate? i extracted all files from the atmos zip into the root of my sd. as far as attempting to boot from hekate i just click launch on emmummc cfw in the menu

Cheatermcgee120

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You using a file pack like deepsea, sdsetup or clean build from Atmosphere Github?
ive attempted both. when i used deepsea it got me to sysnand cfw but same thing when attempting to boot emmunand. black screen. i would prefer to use cfw on an emmunand but at this point ive been trying to get this to work for about a month with no luck and im considering just taking sysnand cfw online since i have a 2nd switch.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive attempted both. when i used deepsea it got me to sysnand cfw but same thing when attempting to boot emmunand. black screen. i would prefer to use cfw on an emmunand but at this point ive been trying to get this to work for about a month with no luck and im considering just taking sysnand cfw online since i have a 2nd switch.

You try making a clean emunand, perhaps you mess up your emunand that why it doesn't boot, and what is the SD card format?

Cheatermcgee120

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You try making a clean emunand, perhaps you mess up your emunand that why it doesn't boot, and what is the SD card format?
ive tried deleting and recreating an emmunand about 20 times at this point. dunno if im doing it wrong or what but im following the guide step by step. sd card is formatted for emmummc through tegra explorer menu. (fat32/raw)

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive tried deleting and recreating an emmunand about 20 times at this point. dunno if im doing it wrong or what but im following the guide step by step. sd card is formatted for emmummc through tegra explorer menu. (fat32/raw)

Have you tested the card with H2testw to verify the card is good, that is the first rule for me when I buy SD card, to make sure it past testing. How come you don't format the card with formatting tool like guiformat on windows?

HollowGrams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Use MiniTool Partition Wizard.

I use exfat on all my builds but you can use what you want.

Create 1 partition fat32 or exfat and leave 30GB left on card then make a fat 32 partition on the 30GB remaining.
Load Hekate and make emunand partition based and select your partition when prompted.
Wait, reboot, enjoy. (I like to set hekate to autoboot my emuMMC once I know everything is working, you can do this in the options).

Last edited by HollowGrams,

JackTheFroster

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
did you try creating a partition on hekate for emummc? do you have the exfat update insatalled on your switch and ever used exfat (only the first partition should be exfat if you should use it)? and maybe hekate/ams config files not correctly set up? maybe your sd card is still corrupted. idk, mainly i would recommend to make a full backup of your sysnand which can be restored later (if you havent already). then completely wipe your switch and ams/hekate and other homebrew sd files. dont go online in any way on the switch, install ams and hekate from official github pages and try again. but only do this if you have patience and have no data to lose.

Looglan

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Hi all, I am a nOOb and need some help. Have tried to hack my switch. It worked fine for a while. Then I tried updating the setup and now it will not load once i use the Lunch button in Hekate ( newest - downloaded today) and it flashes a few logos then ends up in a black screen. I have to hold the power down for 15 seconds then it will reboot.....

What to do?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle