1. HelpTheWretched

OP HelpTheWretched GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I'm looking through some .gar files from Majora's Mask 3D and many of them are LZSS-compressed. They can be viewed easily enough with Switch Toolbox, which also includes a file decompression function. The problem is, after making any edits and trying to re-compress, it doesn't do anything. A message says the file has been compressed, but the resulting file is exactly the same (confirmed with a file-comparing program).

I've looked around for apps that perform LZSS compression and can hardly find anything. Most of the results are uncompiled code. Every File Explorer and Kuriimu only support the similar LZ77 or LZ10/11 algorithms. I found a command-line program at gbadev.org but it doesn't write the same file header, so the compressed file causes the game to crash.

Ideally there would be a way to get Switch Toolbox's compression working but does anyone know of another method that's compatible with MM3D? (or OoT3D?)

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - compression, Trouble, finding