Hacking triple boot itouch

alexjzim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, there are thing going back and forth about this. Can the triple boot made by first and last work on the itouch ds? we all know it works on the real, but its going back and forth about the itouch.

If anyone knows a link, please post it here.

If anyone has any information that they know, please post it here.

Im going to get a card for my sister depending on this answer (i have the m3 real). and ill only get the itouch if it works

alexjzim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
someone, please test it out and see if they can get it to work, if its not in english, maybe we can ask first and last to translate it, or i could try, but i have no expirience -.-

Mr.Leb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That one is partially in English and partially in Japanese. Also, I can't get the actual iTouch firmware to work with that one, either. It's an older version, but it's the best one I can find for the iTouch as of now.

Mr.Leb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's some convincing all iTouch users would like to have done. I'm not quite sure what the problem is with the English version, but it doesn't work.

alexjzim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i found something else thats suposedly a double boot, itouch ds and sakura. he says its full english and works, but i dont have an itouch, so idk. if anyone has an itouch ds, contact me and i will send the link

khan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
alexjzim said:
i found something else thats suposedly a double boot, itouch ds and sakura. he says its full english and works, but i dont have an itouch, so idk. if anyone has an itouch ds, contact me and i will send the link

Please do link me to a dual boot loader for iTouchDS.

tguellich

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I switched out the System folder from the iTouch triple boot and put in the newest hacked Sakura triple boot for the M3DS Real. Now the settings are in english in Sakura but M3DS Real firmware and iTouch firmware do not boot. They just go to a blank screen. Has anyone managed to fix this problem?

Mr.Leb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope this can shed some light on the issue:

I know what is wrong with the triple boot for the iTouch, but I have no means to fix it. I can, however make changes to the firmware that will cause different effects on the M3 Real and Sakura firmwares. The problem is caused by the file G6DSload.eng (and possibly a couple of other files) that exist in both the Sakura and M3 Real firmwares in the same directory. Theses files can be swapped to get some different effects. Itouch firmware will work regardless, however if there is an update I can't update it because I don't have the tools to do so.

I can compile any of the following for the iTouch with the files I have:
1. Sakura Only
2. Sakura and iTouch in English.
3. Working Sakura, M3 Real working in Japanese, ITouch in English
4. Crippled Sakura, Fully working M3 Real and iTouch in English (which is in circulation)
EDIT: 5. Today I accidentally discovered a combo where M3 Real Boots, btu can't load backups or homebrew. However, M3 Sakura is flawless, as far as I can tell. I touch is also unaffected.

I CAN NOT compile a release where both M3 Real and Sakura firmwares are fully working in English.

@tguellich: The reason that this is happening is because M3 Real firmware newer than 3.7 will not load on the iTouch. I assume that the M3/G6 team added some code to prevent this, which is perfectly reasonable on their part. This is the M3 firmware's problem. I will look at the new loaders files, however and see if I can't fix the problem we're having with Sakura.

If anyone knows how to fix the problem, please contact me.

Edit: After making a decision about the quality of the M3 Real firmware, I am making a final compilation. A Sakura-iTouch double boot. Sakura can load backups, load some important homebrew, like GBA EXPloader, and iTouch can handle homebrew games, so M3 Real firmware is unnecessary. I'll still answer any PMs about my other releases, if anyone with an iTouch wants a hand.

unz

Chaotic Neutral
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Mr.Leb said:
Edit: After making a decision about the quality of the M3 Real firmware, I am making a final compilation. A Sakura-iTouch double boot. Sakura can load backups, load some important homebrew, like GBA EXPloader, and iTouch can handle homebrew games, so M3 Real firmware is unnecessary...
A friend of mine recently bought an iTouch DS for her little girl, on my recommendation. I set the card up for her, but I've been worried that the iTouch firmware will be too clunky and confusing for the kid, seeing as she's new to the whole flash cart scene.

Sakura will be super easy for the young'n to use, compared to the iTouch software - and as a bonus, Sakura's default girly pink theme will match her pink DS Lite perfectly. She's gonna love it!

Thanks heaps Mr Leb!
yaynds.gif

terminal_illness

Dark Hadou Master
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hey i have an itouch ds, and i can get it to run m3 sakura, m3 real and itouch flawlessly... only thing is this
ive noticed switching the original itouch boot.eng file for the hacked one will make sakura and m3 real boot but to switch back to itouch you need to copy and paste the hacked boot.eng file into the root.

its all in the boot.eng file... i can have all three firmwares installed but i have to switch the boot.eng to run the original itouch firmware

Black NDSL, Itouchds running sakura, 2gb kingston, EZ 3 in 1.

Mr.Leb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then you're doing it wrong! As a community, the iTouch has moved on to a double boot because M3 Real is pretty much unnecessary. You can get the download link in my signature.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: man that was some good Chinese takeout