Hacking TriiForce beta testing

LxTrix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So loading NAND from usb is broken with rev 20 but is loading nand from sd okay?

BTW this is the top triforce topic. You should add an explanation of what Triforce is and how to install it in the first post. Would be very helpful to others.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
woodoste said:
When cIOS rev21 will be avaible, will it add the SDHC support to Triiforce?

This depends to 100% on the cIOS. TriiForce does the following:
Load IOS249
Tell the cIOS to enable the nand emu for sd or usb
Boot the game from NAND

Other than that single one command to tell the cIOS which nand to load, TriiForce does not contain any sd or usb code.

woodoste

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
WiiPower said:
woodoste said:
When cIOS rev21 will be avaible, will it add the SDHC support to Triiforce?

This depends to 100% on the cIOS. TriiForce does the following:
Load IOS249
Tell the cIOS to enable the nand emu for sd or usb
Boot the game from NAND

Other than that single one command to tell the cIOS which nand to load, TriiForce does not contain any sd or usb code.

OK, thanks :-)

Is there a way to load Herme's cIOS 222 v4 in Triiforce? It should have SDHC support.

flowlapache

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Liberty, you can use the nand for sneek with triiforce from your real System menu. There wouldn't be any problem to patch video mode. Why do you want make it from sneek?

Liberty

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
flowlapache said:
Liberty, you can use the nand for sneek with triiforce from your real System menu. There wouldn't be any problem to patch video mode. Why do you want make it from sneek?
I posted this when i didn't understood how Sneek/Triiforce/.. worked at all. Now i'm using cIOS rev17 and Triiforce which loads the UNEEK-NAND.

flowlapache

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hello eveybody, I love Triiforce mrc but I'm still using triiforce sometime and I have a problem:

TriiforceMRC works very well, but with triiforce (v80) I have a code dump when nand is close to be charged.

I have the cios 249rev17 and my NAND is on usb and works fine with SNEEK.

Is there someone who can explain the difference between Triiforce and the MRC version for loading games?
thanks a lot

Shamino

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What is a good version of Triiforce to use? I am using r82 but every time I try to load sd-nand it crashes, giving a code dump.

I am using cios 249 rev 17 and a full dump from simple fs dumper (tried minimalistic and compatibility before with the same result).

Thanks.

Evil-Popeye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
As with the person above I get a code dump everytime I try to use SD-NAND with r82, I'll try some earlier versions I guess. Any ideas? My SD card works with all the other apps. Im on 4.1E with cios249v17. It loads the wii nand fine but SD nand gives me the code dumps. Beta 7 just loads straight into the wii nand, not sure how to get to to SD nand on this version. Followed the guide on the complete softmod guide to set it up.

rumblesushi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As per the posters above, Triiforce MRC beta 7 works perfectly, but Triforce v82 just crashes to a code dump when attempting to load the NAND from the SD card.

What advantage does v82 have over beta7?

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sorry, that's most likely all related to the cIOS and not the app. All that TriiForce does is telling the cIOS to enable the usb nand emu, and then it does the same as when using the real nand. It's about 20 lines of code that is nand emu related in TriiForce, but everything nand emu related that is actually done is done by the cIOS.

Liberty

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
WiiPower said:
Sorry, that's most likely all related to the cIOS and not the app. All that TriiForce does is telling the cIOS to enable the usb nand emu, and then it does the same as when using the real nand. It's about 20 lines of code that is nand emu related in TriiForce, but everything nand emu related that is actually done is done by the cIOS.
I just don't get why one drive is recognized and the other is not. It's like i'm buying two bottles of water, one small size and one medium size and the medium one tastes like pee. USBLoader is working with both.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
lovewiibrew said:
Just wait for Mighty Channels. It's by the same guy who made triiforce. It will have 100% compatibility

Hmm, TriiForce was done by 3 people, who exactly now? ...

Anyways, i wonder if he is modifying the cIOS source from Waninkoko or if he uses sneek. Using WBFS for games hints to the cIOS.

wichoxp

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
marc_max said:
Liberty said:
Mighty Channels is made by the guy who made Triiforce MRC, marc_max.
And I never said it was going to have 100% compatibility.

It's just another graphical interface for Triiforce.
Do you have some news about cIOS rev21?... I hope Waninkoko haven't forgotten his cIOS project
mellow.gif

See ya!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated