Gaming Tricks in mario kart wii??

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 6,322
  • Replies 17
D

Deleted User

OP
So I just checked out Mario Kart Wii with a few of the control schemes. I tried the Wiimote on it's side, sans the wheel, and I was not impressed, although the tricks are cool. I seem to prefer using the classic controller, and although I haven't tried yet, a cube cont. I prefer the precision they offer for drifting and such. But I can't seem to figure out how to perform tricks while in the air with the classic! Has anyone figured it out? I tried pressing just about every button on the damn thing and nothing happens. I looked about on google a little, and sites are saying that the cube and CC are gimped in some way, but nothing concrete. Is it possible that you cannot do tricks with these conts?

D

Deleted User

OP
i tried the dpad and it didn't do anything as far as tricks. Up on the pad does pop a wheelie on bikes tho i found.

A

armand66

OP
I've been using the gamecube pad only (agree with you, tilt control in the game sucks) and do all the tricks with the d-pad.

D

Deleted User

OP
really? i guess i'll try the cube cont, but i assume that and the classic are almost identical. what did you do, just push the dpad buttons while in the air and you start doing tricks?

D

Deleted User

OP
berlinka said:
armand66 said:
(agree with you, tilt control in the game sucks)

No it doesn't. I love it.

to each his own, but question, have you played much mario kart before or is this your first time really playing one of them. i find the motion contols to be way to touchy to accurately drift around corners while tweaking your direction.

Tortas2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
to each his own, but question, have you played much mario kart before or is this your first time really playing one of them. i find the motion contols to be way to touchy to accurately drift around corners while tweaking your direction.

This is my opinion too.

The wiimote tilt can be fun for a while,but for serious racing gimmie my classic or GC

yatzr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
RomanHelmet said:
berlinka said:
armand66 said:
(agree with you, tilt control in the game sucks)

No it doesn't. I love it.

I've played every mario kart, and I love the motion controls. I also played a lot of excite truck and got used to the tilt steering. It did take awhile to get good with the tilt steering. Now with MKWii, I can control my drifts better with tilt steering than without.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i guess not...