Treasure world problem

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Primenay13, Jul 18, 2009.

Jul 18, 2009

Treasure world problem by Primenay13 at 7:20 PM (777 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Primenay13
    OP

Member Primenay13 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    when I play tresure world it finds wifi slower than my sisters game does, she is using r4 and I am using acekard2i. What can I do to fix this? Oh and if it helps im using a dsi and the wifi light doesn't flash it stays lit normal (the orange one).

2. Donato_Dobango

Member Donato_Dobango GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    It's a weird thing, but I noticed the same thing.

My friends and I all have DS Lites running DSTTs using the same firmware (I kind of coordinate everything for us, so I know we're similar)

My DS is a new-ish Black/Cobalt DS bought in January
    My Friend's Wife's DS is a brand new silver DS bought just this April
    My Friend's DS is a refurbished white DS that was sent back from Nintendo last summer.

My friend's refurb picks up Wi-Fi faster than both the newer models. Just for the sake of being a complete moron, I tried the ol' Nintendo Blow Job trick on it, since it does help for broken L&R buttons. So I put my lips on the wi-fi light and blew... and nothing changed.

What's fun is when we have all three of them stacked in the van and are going somewhere and we all have different numbers of treasure. In this case it seems the newer model picks up the most over time, though mine sometimes does, too. That could be dependent on how close to the houses on the side of the road they are, though.

I guess some DS's pick up wi-fi faster, even if they are the same model.

Edit: Not much to it yet (just connected to an actual Wi-Fi adapter yesterday) but here's my CTW site: http://www.clubtreasureworld.com/users/2237

3. alidsl

Member alidsl I am now a lurker

United Kingdom
    The same thing happened to me but

Me-Black DSL (1-2 years old)
    My sister-Pink DSL (half a year old)

Mine picks up signals faster

we both have the same firmware etc

4. Jakob95

Suspended Jakob95 I am the Avatar

United States
    You blow on your wifi light? That light is just to tell you that your own Wifi. There is a special Chip inside the DS which has the Wifi chip inside and its not next to the light so blowing will not help.

5. Donato_Dobango

United States
    [​IMG] Well... I know that now...

[​IMG]

6. eSPy

Member eSPy GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    i got a ds phat and was supprised on how fast it picked up signals. even when drivin pretty fast in the car it still managed to get signals. that being said...got noting to compare to

7. Donato_Dobango

United States
    If you are driving down a main street full of stores or through a city, you should be getting an almost non-stop star chime. If you are on a highway, there might be some space between stars found only because you have to be in Wi-Fi range. Even still, going through Hartford Connecticut I was able to pick up around 150+ on the highway doing 65 MPH.

8. Primenay13
    OP

Member Primenay13 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yeah, except we have a small car so I can see why hers may pick up faster