Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
azerty1 said:
DarthNemesis said:
azerty1 said:
there are random operating codes all over the text, which i can ignore on the extractor, but may get tricky with the inserter.Don't ignore them; convert them into markup like text. Or if you figure out what they do, you can use something more appropriate like text.

well, i meant commands like, "fire four rockets to the left" and "dodge to the right" and "character walks up and down the hall" kind of commands. i am fairly certain that is what they are because they are more or less random relative to each other as far as i can see and the rom crashes upon being edited.

DarthNemesis said:
QUOTE(azerty1 @ Sep 1 2009, 11:27 AM)
oh, and one more thing for other, more experienced romhackers. Is it possible to bump over a lot of bytes for the sake of making room for more text or is expanding the rom size going to mess up the pointers of everything else? in other words, am i allowed to make more room or are translators doomed to trying to fit everything in byte for byte?
Uh, did you extract the files from the game first before editing? The DS has its own filesystem, so you shouldn't have to do any manual expansion.

well, in that screenshot, all i did was extract the file with nitroexplorer, decompress it with Nintenlord's LZ decompressor, open the file up in windhex, replace random text with random text to experiment, recompress it and pop it back in.
what i meant was that since there are lots and lots of empty bytes all over the place, is it possible to move part of the data down into those to make more room for new textboxes.
In Code Geass i can add bytes to the end of a script file without problems, you have to try it out first.

azerty1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
OK, so if anyone wants it, i here's the zoids text extractor. i didn't make it pull out text from the narration or anything, because then that would add giant blocks to the text files, which would maek them ugly. they're simple enough too, though. i'll probably start on an inserter tomorrow just for kicks.

here's the exe. pop it into a folder with all the already decompressed event files and it should be able to work its magic. i wasn't sure whether i should throw in my quick script to run Nintenlords' extractor through all the files, since that's kinda against copyright law...?
well, if anyone wants it, feel free to grab it. you'll need the microsoft .NET framework to run it and watch out, there's no fancy GUI or anything it just runs and displays lots of random words really fast so don't worry. i didn't set it to say whose picture is being displayed because i don't know what each number corresponds to. Oh yeah, and if there's just some small ugly line in the corner, that's probably the main character. they don't use his name, instead they just use a number in the code.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BXSWSXT5

azerty1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
oh, so you are considering to do zoids. in that case, i'll make the extractor include the narrator text as well as the picture numbers. i'll just replace the link in that post with a new one once it's done.

then i'll make an inserter once i figure out how much leeway we've got with the text spacings...

@ psycoblaster
well, he said he was working on summon night, and darthnemesis seems to know his japanese and if he noticed anything was wrong, he'd probably mention it.

here's the slightly better version of the extractor. it took me quite some time trying to get rid of those last little discrepancies with the differences between narrator and dialoguers until i gave up. randomly, it would put the narrator command yet have a dialoguer. it doesn't happen very often, like, only 4 or 5 times throughout all 199 files(albeit about 80 of those are just empty), so i'll have to probably correct those manually with a hex editor.

oh, and out of curiosity, is it possible to shrink the font? as you can see from the screenshot, the text is really fat and it takes two bytes for each character. when i played with oni zero, i just typed in stuff with an ascii-sjis table mix, and things only took one byte. but this one wouldn't display any text until i used two byte characters. is that a graphics editing thing?

kaizen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
go translate zoids.... and i will give you all the golden cookie i have hahahah... i hope someone will teach me how to translate...

Takanato

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Bad news people....School is starting back on Monday for me...and my last year results were horrible...and I only have one more year till college so Imma have to put translating down until December>_> or my father will take away my laptop
frown.gif

D

Deleted User

-Demon- said:
inazuma eleven.

If you do this, you'll be my hero the rest of my life.

Yes Please can you translate that game as the same with demon you would b my hero

azerty1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
this topic has been dead for an entire month. the guy said he's gone, so he's gone. you'd think that the fact that it was on like, page 10 of the list of topics would imply that no one's been using this thread for a while.

Takanato

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Right since people keep bringing up this topic...I'll get back to translating games in December when I have holiday kk.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @hazbeans, welcome