ROM Hack Translation project for Pokémon Black2 & White2

Hotzdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
India
well since the pokestation project is sumwhat a public undertaking you can't really just have it the way you may want it. If you read the posts made by the guys working on it then you'll realize that since a lot of ppl are contributing its not so easy to remedy any mistakes that has been made untill its pointed out that's the reason why they are releasing it in batches not a one stop here its fully translated kinda thing. My 1 cent to Kyohack and his group from pokestation jst do what you're doin coz its more than what most non japanese speaking majority can do so keep up your good work. Remember hater's are always gonna hate.

Reactions: 1 person

Vinnymac

Trophies
Website
nds-roms.com
XP
Country
United States
Whatever happens, I'll just continue translating, hopefully this will result in faster releases for one of the teams, and in turn make the public happy. At least that is why I was doing this in the first place.

Hotzdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Well its guys like me who can't read or write Japanese who benefit at the end of the day(Man I seriously gotta try and learn Japanese though from what I heard its kinda tough :P ).

Nero2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well Nathan Drake's been mentioning another patch but m not sure coz i've not tried the other one besides the scott one dat he's been posting here

Think he meant this one.

-----

Due to the slander we've got from PP we would appriciate you removed the URL to their patch, thank you.
I don't really see any slander coming from PP at all... Unless you mean irc which is just conversations between people sharing their opinions

Reactions: 1 person

riceball7852

A person with a life.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really see any slander coming from PP at all... Unless you mean irc which is just conversations between people sharing their opinions

Totally agree...
After all, SGTREEVEEN was the one who started the flamewar by criticizing PokeStation.
BTW I will still continue to help PokeStation, no matter what others says, for the practice of my Japanese.

Vinnymac

Trophies
Website
nds-roms.com
XP
Country
United States
Well Nathan Drake's been mentioning another patch but m not sure coz i've not tried the other one besides the scott one dat he's been posting here

Think he meant this one.

-----

Due to the slander we've got from PP we would appriciate you removed the URL to their patch, thank you.

As a GBATemp users who was freelancing for PokeStation, I have to admit PP is belittling the project every chance they can get because they feel there work is better. Now I understand sportsmanship and all that, but the way they have gone about it is not right. 24 hours ago I reported a user because they were trash talking this project, and I was well aware the user was from PP. This type of protesting is just wrong, and it has left me feeling sour for these projects. This was supposed to be an effort for the community. Now it has turned into, who can finish first, and which site is better, and all that nonsense.

I am impressed with both groups, they both offer different things, but I find it disappointing that this sort of thing is happening when our goals should be to give, not to receive from the community.

Hotzdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
India
As a GBATemp users who was freelancing for PokeStation, I have to admit PP is belittling the project every chance they can get because they feel there work is better. Now I understand sportsmanship and all that, but the way they have gone about it is not right. 24 hours ago I reported a user because they were trash talking this project, and I was well aware the user was from PP. This type of protesting is just wrong, and it has left me feeling sour for these projects. This was supposed to be an effort for the community. Now it has turned into, who can finish first, and which site is better, and all that nonsense.

I am impressed with both groups, they both offer different things, but I find it disappointing that this sort of thing is happening when our goals should be to give, not to receive from the community.

Well true there's always gonna be people who love to compare, but like i was mentioning earlier, even though its hard just let the hater's comments slide and take in the productive comments that will benefit your work. Besides that I guess I got no more to say which can help.

Vinnymac

Trophies
Website
nds-roms.com
XP
Country
United States
It is hard to let the haters hate, when I have proof they stole my work. I left watermarks in some of my translations and I dumped there patched files and they are identical to the ones I gave to PokeStation. So if that isn't proof, I don't know what is. The GITHUB does not lie. We have timestamps, they have files in there patch which there GITHUB doesn't even have translated AT ALL yet. Which not only means they were using the files without telling us at all, but it means they didn't even bother to make it look legit, they just packed it all up. I know this was supposed to be fun and all, but that is a really messed up thing to do.

kingofgamesgx

Hitokiri Battousai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update for the bug list with some new one found from pokestation

Known Bugs:

Red = Unconfirmed by Multiple sources
Blue = Confirmed by Multiple (3 or more) sources
Green = Fixed

Item Name and amount not showing in battle -Version 1.2 , 1.3 , 1.4
Gym Leader description Being those of B&W -Version 1.2 , 1.3 , 1.4
Battle Scene and Battle Style Description Switched -Version 1.2 , 1.3 , 1.4
When you access the GTS you can choose the options but they are all messed up -Version 1.2 , 1.3 , 1.4
When capturing a Pokemon. The text is a bit messed up such as Pikachucaught - Version 1.4
After a Pokémon's capture, the Nickname text says: "Give a nickname to the [POKEMON NAME]caught ?" It should say: "Give a nickname to the caught [POKEMON NAME] ?" -Version 1.2 , 1.3 , 1.4
Minor typo on the ability Damp, it says Dampa -Version 1.4
Possible Gym Leader Name mix up when you battle them Example: Burgh having the name arty under his sprite -Version 1.4
When Selling an item, inplace of the currency symbol you get a '?' for example, it says something along the lines of "Sell the poke ball for ?100?" -Version 1.4
Minor Error at the beginning when Bianca shows you how to catch pokemon it says "bianca a pokeball!" -Version 1.4

Extra Info
Image of Caught Pokemon bug thanks to lorddemolatron from Pokestation
Image of Gym Badge description bug thanks to Tsaky From Pokestation

Hotzdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Well that sure is damning to hear, I thought it was just about the comments but seriously if they're taking someone's work the least they could do is to give credit for it.

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well since the pokestation project is sumwhat a public undertaking you can't really just have it the way you may want it.
PP's project is a public undertaking as well. The IRC channel was posted from the start for those who want to come and help.

samjef11

Trophies
XP
Country
could you please upload them to gbatemp as it is a pain to keeping going to pokestaion it takes not much time to post updates on here gbatemp being infact the last Pokemon black and white has updated posted on another web forum and on here as well so i don't see why there is such a issue.

GAK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why bother with PP? There's a great hack here you can use, and if you just ignore the people on PP, they'll figure it out and stop bothering everyone. Let them be elitist and think their translation is better, in the end, who really cares? You have your stuff here, use it and go play the game instead of complaining about who has the better one.

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've translated Shauntal's FULL battle (both before, during, and after)

black25328825.png
black21127316.png
black24629586.png

It took a while to find all of her text. (the text was spread across several entries...)

kingofgamesgx

Hitokiri Battousai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i mirrored the images on my photobucket here is the updated bugs list with images

also is this any easier on the eyes wanted to make it easier to read the bugs list

Known Bugs:

Red = Unconfirmed by Multiple sources
Blue = Confirmed by Multiple (2 or more) sources
Green = Fixed

Item Name and amount not showing in battle -Version 1.2 , 1.3 , 1.4

Gym Leader description Being those of B&W -Version 1.2 , 1.3 , 1.4

Battle Scene and Battle Style Description Switched -Version 1.2 , 1.3 , 1.4

When you access the GTS you can choose the options but they are all messed up -Version 1.2 , 1.3 , 1.4

When capturing a Pokemon. The text is a bit messed up such as Pikachucaught - Version 1.4

After a Pokémon's capture, the Nickname text says: "Give a nickname to the [POKEMON NAME]caught ?" It should say: "Give a nickname to the caught [POKEMON NAME] ?" -Version 1.2 , 1.3 , 1.4

Minor typo on the ability Damp, it says Dampa -Version 1.4

Possible Gym Leader Name mix up when you battle them Example: Burgh having the name arty under his sprite -Version 1.4

When Selling an item, inplace of the currency symbol you get a '?' for example, it says something along the lines of "Sell the poke ball for ?100?" -Version 1.4

Minor Error at the beginning when Bianca shows you how to catch pokemon it says "bianca a pokeball!" -Version 1.4

When visiting a move tutor (unconfirmed if red shard specific or not ) if you try to tutor a move you do not have enough shards for, it displays the text "Red Shardyou do not have enough!" -Version 1.4

Extra Info
Image of Caught Pokemon bug thanks to lorddemolatron from Pokestation
Image of Gym Badge description bug thanks to Tsaky From Pokestation
Move Tutor not enough shard to teach a move broken sentence thanks to RupeeClock

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6rI8eXgDxd/?igsh=MWYybHY2YXoyM3I2cQ==