[TRANSLATE] EX Troopers translation (release expected before 2020)

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by rd2k3, Oct 11, 2019.

1. rd2k3
    OP

rd2k3 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 30, 2005
    Antigua and Barbuda
    Thanks to colleague Edmund who provided a save-state with almost every game complete (for my back-test), I'm leaving a PARTIAL translation (only 5%), with the first and second mission PARTIALLY released.

*****Congratulations to Vulpes-Vulpeos to find a difference in less than 24 hours*****

In a while, I'll be releasing the FULL VERSION. HOWEVER, THIS WILL COME WITH PASSWORD, AND I ONLY RELEASE PASSWORD IF YOU DISCOVER WHAT I ASKED FOR A LONG TIME:
    The video below has several subtitles that I added (plain text), but there is a part where I added a 'graphic animation' (which doesn't exist in the game and it's not the yellow letters). The question is, what is the start and end time of the video showing this animation? (Since I'm having a hard time translating, it costs you nothing to give me a little time to figure out the difference)

Get the latest version of winrar and use the following password:
    tasting-by-rd-thanks-to-edmund-for-share-your-save-state-game

https://mega.nz/#!bJgXjaKR!zlYmdf6ng8AAH503aYfyQpDD8eRY6rrwSy1-wZgHTEw

Unzip the file, place the luma folder on the root of the SD card and enable game patching in LUMA (holding select when turning on 3ds), checking the option and pressing start to save

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************

images - 100%
    videos - 10% (updated 06/11/2019)
    texts - 81% (updated 06/11/2019)
    beta testing - 3% (updated 06/11/2019)
    correction - 10% (updated 06/11/2019)

Hello people. I started this translation project some time ago, but I didn't want to post anything before I was sure I was going to publish the translation.

I saw that a lot of people started this project, but no one finished it. I think this game (released in 2012) is very cool and needs a translation in 3DS.

The decision to translate to English came for 2 reasons: the first one is much easier and the second is to have a universal language

However, there were some problems:
    - I have never worked with translations or romhacking (internet tutorials are almost nonexistent)
    - I have my work, studies and I still have to do the translation
    - I hate and I don't know how to edit images or videos
    - I am using 3 translators (90% is google translate), but there are many manual corrections to make (as the game uses html codes)
    - obviously many sentences will not be perfectly translated (as I do not master Japanese or English, I am doing my best)
    - Many tricks must be discovered to perform the procedure, and this takes a long time (soooo much time)
    - This game has 30000 lines of plain text, 70 images and 31 videos to edit (it's a lot of work for 1 person)

* Even using internet translators, menus and main story will be understandable

***** Doing the translation is that we see how difficult it is. I will value the work of other translators much more in the future. *****

Let's go to some more details:

- the videos will look like this (it's 2 hours of editing every minute of video)
    - the quality is very poor at the very beginning (12 seconds), then it gets better (it's 400x240 on 3ds, much better to see)
    - all videos will lose the 3D effect (it was hard to figure out how to do in 2D)

THE VIDEO ABOVE HAS VARIOUS TEXTS, BUT ALSO, I ADD A GRAPHIC PART ON IT. TRY TO FIND OUT WHAT TIME IT IS AND POST HERE !!
    ******* if you can't find this graphic animation, I won't publish the translation, hahahaha *******
    I still wait for you to find the difference

- I will try to work with the crc game 26E1611A, so provide it. The idea is to distribute an xdelta patch

- I could not edit the e-Manual (it seems that just creating it from the beginning, you can not edit it.). It's a lot of work and it's useless
    BUT... there is a tool called 'jheberg manualtools' maybe help (all links are dead in topic 'Is it possible to edit a Game Manual already?'). Someone can upload please?

- I'm doing this translation by myself to follow a pattern (and I'm going to finish it by myself), so just imagine how much work this takes (remembering that the release is expected before 2020)

onomatopoeias/onomatopoetic/onomatopoeic - will not be edited (characters representing sounds, noises, ect)

THANK YOU TO ALL THAT READ BY THE END
    See the photos below

Attached Files:

Last edited by rd2k3, Nov 11, 2019
  2. Zense

Zense GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 20, 2008
    Italy
    Great! I can't wait to see how this turns out!

Momo333 and rd2k3 like this.
  3. ExData7

ExData7 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 10, 2017
    United States
    Awesome work, can't wait to see how this turns out

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

rd2k3 and Zense like this.
  4. GeekyGuy

GeekyGuy Professional loafer

Former Staff
    Jun 21, 2007
    United States
    Wow, it's great to see someone at least attempt it. I know this particular game had very specific challenges due to the way the text seems to be part of the graphics. Look forward to your progress.

rd2k3 likes this.
  5. walangman

walangman Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 16, 2019
    Vietnam
    Awesome !!!!!

rd2k3 likes this.
  6. rd2k3
    OP

rd2k3 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 30, 2005
    Antigua and Barbuda
    topic updated (bold NEWS chars) - look above

PLEASE - When we enter the game and press the HOME button, the name of the game appears. Does anyone know how to edit this? (looks like it's in code.bin, but couldn't found )

Last edited by rd2k3, Oct 18, 2019
    Vulpes-Vulpeos and ExData7 like this.
  7. IcySon55

IcySon55 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 18, 2008
    Canada
    This looks Google translated to me...

8. rd2k3
    OP

rd2k3 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 30, 2005
    Antigua and Barbuda
    Yes, as I mentioned in the initial topic:

- I am using 2 translators, but there are many manual corrections to make (as the game uses html codes)
    - obviously many sentences will not be perfectly translated (as I do not master Japanese or English, I am doing my best)

90% is google translate
    I also use collinsdictionary and learnwitholiver (and a little bit of Japanese search on various sites)
    and manual corrections (text formatting, menus, names, codes and a 'FEW phrases' that I understand and see need). If you just copy and paste EVERYTHING, it gives error in game

Think carefully:
    - It's been 7 years since the game was released and no one has done any translation (everyone who started gave up, and I'm proud to be 1 person in nearly 8 billion who took action)
    - I have my work, I study, and I still have to do the translation (which I said is my first project, experience zero. It's a lot to discover)
    - There are approximately 30.000 lines of plain text, 3.000 lines of text in videos, 70 images to edit (it's a lot of work for one person only)

So even though it's 90% based on google translate (WHAT I'M WRITTING FOR YOU NOW IS GOOGLE GOOGLE TRANSLATE !!!!), I think menus and main story will make it understandable (for example the image IMG_20191017_224322564.jpg is very clear the purpose), and a lot of people will be VERY HAPPY to be able to play a game translated into English (which was one of the causes of choosing to translate to English instead of my native language, Portuguese)

Last edited by rd2k3, Oct 18, 2019
  9. Momo333

Momo333 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2019
    Thailand
    This is one of the most underrated game on 3DS. I really looking forward to it.

ExData7 and rd2k3 like this.
  10. rd2k3
    OP

rd2k3 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 30, 2005
    Antigua and Barbuda
    Updated text translations from 65% to 70%
    This weekend I worked 23 hours a day
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Last edited by rd2k3, Oct 22, 2019
  11. rd2k3
    OP

rd2k3 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 30, 2005
    Antigua and Barbuda
    HELLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Updated text translations from 70% to 78%

correction from 1% to 3%

haphamhd, Subötaï, Nutez and 6 others like this.
  12. rd2k3
    OP

rd2k3 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 30, 2005
    Antigua and Barbuda
    Can anyone provide me a save with jk save manager with 100% or 90% for back test?

haphamhd likes this.
  13. rd2k3
    OP

rd2k3 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 30, 2005
    Antigua and Barbuda
    NEWS - BETA VERSION RELEASED

haphamhd, Nutez and Vulpes-Vulpeos like this.
  14. Vulpes-Vulpeos

Vulpes-Vulpeos Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2018
    Ukraine
    Украина
    You have added text "Defence protocols under execution" 3:56-4:09

Attached Files:

emcintosh and rd2k3 like this.
  15. rd2k3
    OP

rd2k3 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 30, 2005
    Antigua and Barbuda
    Oh my god, it was very fast. I thought it was very discreet, but it seems that not so much
    I thought it would take days to find out ... it was a very quick joke
    Congratulations Vulpes-Vulpeos.
    By the way, did you put 3ds side by side with the video to find? Or was it on instinct?
    Stay tuned that the news will come

Last edited by rd2k3, Nov 3, 2019
    ExData7 and Vulpes-Vulpeos like this.
  16. ExData7
    This message by ExData7 has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Nov 5, 2019.
    Nov 4, 2019
  17. rd2k3
    OP

rd2k3 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 30, 2005
    Antigua and Barbuda
    I have good news... After long work, i have figure out how to extract, edit and convert videos to 3D. I have discovery many othet things for better experience. Hard work.... In last mounth, only 2 good nights sleeping... I'M VERY TIRED... BUT I WILL NEVER GIVE UP!!!!

Last edited by rd2k3, Nov 6, 2019
    Zense, GeekyGuy, Silvor and 5 others like this.
  18. rd2k3
    This message by rd2k3 has been removed from public view by WeedZ, Nov 9, 2019, Reason: Sad, but off topic.
    Nov 9, 2019
  19. aw013

aw013 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 20, 2013
    is this still being continued?

20. Retro_Mod_Gamer

Retro_Mod_Gamer GBAtemp Regular

Nov 3, 2015
    Canada
    THE MOST NEEDED TRANSLATION, HANDS DOWN.

rd2k3 likes this.
  21. rd2k3
    OP

rd2k3 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 30, 2005
    Antigua and Barbuda
    YES

Retro_Mod_Gamer and haphamhd like this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted