ROM Hack [TRANSLATION] [RELEASE] EX Troopers - English (3DS)

rd2k3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

22/nov/2022 - My translation has been here for the past 3 years, and will continue forever. I thank everyone for their attention and affection, who with their good energy made my project possible. But now, we must turn our attention to a more dedicated, more professional project. People who worked harder than me, for a lot longer.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-e-x-troopers-english-translation-3ds.622163/ (3DS)

https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-e-x-troopers-english-translation-ps3.622164/ (PS3)

sem-titulo-jpg.188836

TRANSLATION PROGRESS (jap to eng)

Images - 100%
Videos - 100%
Texts - 100%
E-manual - 100%

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************

As promised, here is the EX Troopers translation before 2020
Start - 12/jun/2019
End - 20/dez/2019

I would like to leave a few considerations and thank everyone who has the time and patience to read

- Although the translation is 99.99% complete, unfortunately I will not have time to play the game this year, so minor fixes will be pending. Basically they are letters that come out of the screen (horizontally), making the sentence not fully understood. There are some that come out of the text boxes (vertically), but these, if they are NOT on a black background and CAN be read, no problem. If there is a phrase VERY relevant to the history of the game and it makes no sense, I ask you to send photos in this post with these screens, with the ones mentioned above, that come out of the screen. In the future, they will be used to release a small fix patch (maximum 100mb) using "LUMA GAME PATCHING".

- when downloading the patch, read the instructions in the file "Z - README.txt"

- It is very important to have the latest version of winrar installed, otherwise, it may give an error when unpacking

- this patch made in xdelta3 got really big, because of the videos

- PLEASE read page 1 of the E-manual. I added important extra details about this translation and troubleshooting

- All the translation was done with great care, thinking of small details, and even though it was not perfect, I hope you enjoy. E-manual, for example, has no way to edit. It is totally handmade, created from ZERO. All videos, even the opening has been edited. The last video had no subtitles at the beginning (only voice acting) but I put the subtitles. I think it's really cool to pass ALL the game without skipping anything, to see the details, but this is up to you.

- About the videos, there is a small detail that I discovered only today. In 2D mode, the subtitle is a little to the left, relative to the position in which I edited. If the video plays in 3D, the subtitle is in the correct position. This will probably not cause any problems reading

- If anyone wants to improve this translation, I can offer my projects sources, programs, discoveries, etc..., to make everything easier. We should NOT keep the good things that we discover only for ourselves, we have to share. This is called "Law of Abundance".

https://mega.nz/#!WV5iXSxY!sxT3yfOQe_0xs3ZKLAe3JmoBgYVXnGYracTVIY0ChCo
https://mega.nz/#!fRp1BC4D!uzakAEvnuVD1mY-Wb2ra-RdKWKlItsQAW2Ybud-u0iE
https://mega.nz/#!2MgD3IAJ!viqUw0aUMVKTvksdF9BoiAueeesPJT_ERvyJbxs450U
https://mega.nz/#!aQh0jCgQ!_m7SWWPp07RvrX6-ElAmMqXyjPJabWURM5GNCXuUR_s
https://mega.nz/#!jZoATYiB!gIZnEWKSm7lb1KZNfRClKoYvpVAlWTs_JqnxcbaLBqs
https://mega.nz/#!DZx2AS6K!vxF3XeTDxkSBvckYFwQwDhxmV-L_dMFJ7FvnJ71KHzY

PASSWORD: Merry-Christmas-and-a-Happy-New-Year!

If you liked it, send your feedback :D
If you hated it, do your own translation!! :ha:

HAVE FUN!

if your have problems to download patchEXT.z03, please see
https://gbatemp.net/threads/translation-release-ex-troopers-english-3ds.549958/page-8#post-9995188
thanks cremeyy

ALERT (PLEASE READ)

IF YOU DOWNLOAD DE DEMO PATCH VERSION FOR TRANSLATE 5%, PLEASE, DELETE IN LUMA FOLDER

For those who are having errors trying to apply xdelta3 patch, here are some tips:

CIA file must be unzipped and placed in same same folder of the patch

Name and CRC32 must be EXACTLY LIKE picture bellow (the picture shows the file compressed with winrar exclusively to see your crc32)

crc32-png.190527

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************

Hi guys. I started this translation project some time ago, but I didn't want to post anything before I was sure I was going to publish the translation. I worked on the project for about 6 months, between free time, weekends and early hours (4 A.M., 5 A.M. sometimes!!!).

I saw that a lot of people started this project, but no one finished it. I think this game (released in 2012) is very cool and needs a translation in 3DS.

Although English is not my native language (aside from the fact that I have little understanding of English), I preferred a universal language that would benefit more people

However, there were some problems:
- I have never worked with translations or romhacking (internet tutorials are almost nonexistent)
- I have my work, studies and I still have to do the translation
- I hate and I don't know how to edit images or videos
- I am using 3 translators (90% is google translate), but there are many (MAAAAAANY...) manual corrections to do
- obviously many sentences will not be perfectly translated (as I do not master Japanese or English, I am doing my best)
- Many tricks must be discovered to perform the procedure, and this takes a long time (soooo much time)
- This game has 30000 lines of plain text, 70 images and 31 videos to edit (it's a lot of work for 1 person)

* Even using internet translators, menus and main story will be perfect understandable

***** Doing the translation is that we see how difficult it is. I will value the work of other translators much more in the future. *****

Attachments

• sample1.jpg
    sample1.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 1,259
  • translated-by-RD.jpg
    translated-by-RD.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 1,167
  • IMG_20191017_224215405.jpg
    IMG_20191017_224215405.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,215
  • IMG_20191017_224232747.jpg
    IMG_20191017_224232747.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,135
  • IMG_20191017_224253566.jpg
    IMG_20191017_224253566.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,161
  • IMG_20191017_224322564.jpg
    IMG_20191017_224322564.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,229
  • IMG_20191017_224344187.jpg
    IMG_20191017_224344187.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,105
  • notification-eng.png
    notification-eng.png
    455.4 KB · Views: 1,174
  • Sem título.jpg
    Sem título.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 6,761
  • edit-vid.png
    edit-vid.png
    504.9 KB · Views: 1,575
  • erase-save.png
    erase-save.png
    78.3 KB · Views: 1,596
  • imp.jpg
    imp.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 1,381
  • crc32.png
    crc32.png
    48.7 KB · Views: 5,910
  • patch-folder.png
    patch-folder.png
    56.8 KB · Views: 671
  • emanual.png
    emanual.png
    142.1 KB · Views: 328
Last edited by rd2k3,

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, it's great to see someone at least attempt it. I know this particular game had very specific challenges due to the way the text seems to be part of the graphics. Look forward to your progress.

Reactions: rd2k3

rd2k3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
topic updated (bold NEWS chars) - look above

PLEASE - When we enter the game and press the HOME button, the name of the game appears. Does anyone know how to edit this? (looks like it's in code.bin, but couldn't found )

Last edited by rd2k3,

rd2k3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This looks Google translated to me...

Yes, as I mentioned in the initial topic:

- I am using 2 translators, but there are many manual corrections to make (as the game uses html codes)
- obviously many sentences will not be perfectly translated (as I do not master Japanese or English, I am doing my best)

90% is google translate
I also use collinsdictionary and learnwitholiver (and a little bit of Japanese search on various sites)
and manual corrections (text formatting, menus, names, codes and a 'FEW phrases' that I understand and see need). If you just copy and paste EVERYTHING, it gives error in game

Think carefully:
- It's been 7 years since the game was released and no one has done any translation (everyone who started gave up, and I'm proud to be 1 person in nearly 8 billion who took action)
- I have my work, I study, and I still have to do the translation (which I said is my first project, experience zero. It's a lot to discover)
- There are approximately 30.000 lines of plain text, 3.000 lines of text in videos, 70 images to edit (it's a lot of work for one person only)

So even though it's 90% based on google translate (WHAT I'M WRITTING FOR YOU NOW IS GOOGLE GOOGLE TRANSLATE !!!!), I think menus and main story will make it understandable (for example the image IMG_20191017_224322564.jpg is very clear the purpose), and a lot of people will be VERY HAPPY to be able to play a game translated into English (which was one of the causes of choosing to translate to English instead of my native language, Portuguese)

Last edited by rd2k3,

rd2k3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You have added text "Defence protocols under execution" 3:56-4:09

Oh my god, it was very fast. I thought it was very discreet, but it seems that not so much
I thought it would take days to find out ... it was a very quick joke
Congratulations Vulpes-Vulpeos.
By the way, did you put 3ds side by side with the video to find? Or was it on instinct?
Stay tuned that the news will come

Last edited by rd2k3,

rd2k3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have good news... After long work, i have figure out how to extract, edit and convert videos to 3D. I have discovery many othet things for better experience. Hard work.... In last mounth, only 2 good nights sleeping... I'M VERY TIRED... BUT I WILL NEVER GIVE UP!!!!

Last edited by rd2k3,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu