Hacking Question Transferring to a new SD card

Purpur

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello, apologies ahead of time but if anyone could help make things clear for me I would appreciate it so much.
Earlier today, while I was done backing up my sd card to my pc and put it back into my switch; the homebrew menu was not showing the folder icons as it normally should. I use Atmosphere and Hekate and all. I checked the GitHub issues page, and read multiple threads that related to my issue, and tried what was suggested that helped the OP's. Sadly, none have worked for me (including the archive bit). I mainly use all these for ACNH, and I have my SD card files back up saved to my desktop at the moment. I decided to just get a new SD card. I read that I need to make an image from my old SD card and copy it to my new SD card? I read this thread here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/moving-sd-cards.539182/page-2

It's late for me at the moment, so I will be getting the card tomorrow, but when I read that I must copy my old sd contents into the new one, will it work? because whatever is happening on my old sd isn't working..so for me, it doesn't make sense. I have already attempted to reformat to fat32 with guiformat and it also does not work. I'm hoping just using a completely new card will fix this.

tl;dr my old sd card when booted and going to the album, no folders are shown and it reads 'no applications could be found on the sd card'. Tried a lot to get it to work to no avail and hoping a new card will work instead. What are the steps I should follow to make this work successfully?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, apologies ahead of time but if anyone could help make things clear for me I would appreciate it so much.
Earlier today, while I was done backing up my sd card to my pc and put it back into my switch; the homebrew menu was not showing the folder icons as it normally should. I use Atmosphere and Hekate and all. I checked the GitHub issues page, and read multiple threads that related to my issue, and tried what was suggested that helped the OP's. Sadly, none have worked for me (including the archive bit). I mainly use all these for ACNH, and I have my SD card files back up saved to my desktop at the moment. I decided to just get a new SD card. I read that I need to make an image from my old SD card and copy it to my new SD card? I read this thread here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/moving-sd-cards.539182/page-2

It's late for me at the moment, so I will be getting the card tomorrow, but when I read that I must copy my old sd contents into the new one, will it work? because whatever is happening on my old sd isn't working..so for me, it doesn't make sense. I have already attempted to reformat to fat32 with guiformat and it also does not work. I'm hoping just using a completely new card will fix this.

tl;dr my old sd card when booted and going to the album, no folders are shown and it reads 'no applications could be found on the sd card'. Tried a lot to get it to work to no avail and hoping a new card will work instead. What are the steps I should follow to make this work successfully?
How is the SD card formatted?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel