Transferring Pokemon Save Worked?!

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Le Reveur, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Le Reveur
    OP

Le Reveur Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2009
    United States
    I was just looking through my pokemon games one day, and I picked Pearl to play. Weeks ago I put a Gamefaq Save file in it(already converted to .sav), not knowing you can't transfer pokemon save files. This means I made the save file and game the same name etc. Not suprisingly, the game said "corrupted save file" and then something like "reverting to previous save file". Apparently I could continue. I was playing a transferred save file!! I know for sure because I never played Pearl until then. The save file had every pokemon. All level 1, 999999999 gil or something. Obviously hacked, but that's not the point.

The main point is I thought you can't transfer save files of Pokemon. I remember trying already with Diamond and Pearl.

The only difference was that I loaded Pearl on an R4. When I first tried use transferred save files, I was using a CycloDS.

Or maybe you can transfer save files. I hope someone clarifies this for me.
    Tnx in advance!!

2. sadak5

sadak5 GBAtemp Fan

Feb 27, 2007
    Mexico
    Mexico City
    I thinks it wasn't converted. The saved files from gamefaqs are comonly ripped using gameshark, so it isn't converted (already checked). I swap the save files from my Diamond to Bloody diamond and have no problem. I used pokesav to change a duplicated pokemon (two male cyndaquil) and had no problem reusing the save file

3. Le Reveur
    OP

Le Reveur Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2009
    United States
    tnx! Although I feel frickin stupid now (not angry just ashamed) ! My fault for not researching enough.

4. dgwillia

dgwillia The Bacon Lover

Mar 9, 2008
    United States
    Columbia Station, Ohio
    Nope, you can only transfer Jap Platinum to English Platinum or vice versa, thats what i did (Woo for starting with all Legit events except for Oaks Letter).