LittleRedRidingH

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah that was my thought to, i have gateway, i only use it to play Japanese games (I don't understand/read/write it) like Rhythem games (no need to know Japanese for that) Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai 2, Nanatsu No Taizai and a few others
As for my European games, i have bought the ones i want, retail and a few download version (all my Etrain games are downloaded) and about 20+ eshop games + my ambassador games.
It's to much trouble to swap carts and i don't gonna buy the download versions of games i already own as retail cart, so it would be nice if all 16 European pre-installed games could be on 1 3DS full legit, always have something to play on the road without losing a games or when you want to swap, say, damned i forgot them at home.

None, as it's no use at this moment, seems all attempts fail till now.

You know the 4.5 is handy to get xorpads if you want cia files of 3ds files
the 9.0 you could update to 9.2 with 3DSNUS and install the update with CIA files, this way you can install the pre-installed games on it and play them all and don't have to worry if there's a way to transffer them, you will not lose or corrupt your saves.

I have 1 3DS on 9.2, all 16 (Euro) pre-installed games are on it, Gateway was only needed to install them in sysnand, no emunand is needed and no gateway is needed anymore to play all of them on 9.2, you can always update to 9.6 then later and keep the pre-installed games on it and even wipe them and redownload them, you just can't transffer them

Thank you! :) Yes that's what I meant. So if I install the legit CIAs on my Majora's mask XL and then update to 9.6, then I won't have to transfer the cia files because I would already have them on my desired system :)

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Thank you! :) Yes that's what I meant. So if I install the legit CIAs on my Majora's mask XL and then update to 9.6, then I wont have to transfer the cia files because I would already have them on my desired system :)

Yes, that's right :)

I have a few 3DS systems at my home (some are loaned to test with) and my brother said i could use his also to test on 1 condition, insall the pre-insatlled games and update his system to 9.6 when i was done with testing.
So it was on 4.2 and i updated it to 9.2 sysnand with cooking mama rom on my sky3ds (yes i also own one of these and Cooking mama has 9.2 update on it), installed all games in sysnand and after all testing i updated it to 9.6 and set up his nnid.
Now he can play all games and redownload them if he ever wiped one by accident. I told him a system transffer would not be possible, so he had to take care of the system.

In your case, you can install htem in 9.0 and then update to 9.6 if you don't care about hackability afterwards :), but before you update be sure all games do work fine (i suspect that all games will work fine on 9.0 and no pre-installed game need a higher FW then 9.0)

I know you can install on 4.5, some games you can't play in 4.5 sysnand because they need a higher FW, the 3DS will hang when you start them

LittleRedRidingH

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes, that's right :)

I have a few 3DS systems at my home (some are loaned to test with) and my brother said i could use his also to test on 1 condition, insall the pre-insatlled games and update his system to 9.6 when i was done with testing.
So it was on 4.2 and i updated it to 9.2 sysnand with cooking mama rom on my sky3ds (yes i also own one of these and Cooking mama has 9.2 update on it), installed all games in sysnand and after all testing i updated it to 9.6 and set up his nnid.
Now he can play all games and redownload them if he ever wiped one by accident. I told him a system transffer would not be possible, so he had to take care of the system.

In your case, you can install htem in 9.0 and then update to 9.6 if you don't care about hackability afterwards :), but before you update be sure all games do work fine (i suspect that all games will work fine on 9.0 and no pre-installed game need a higher FW then 9.0)

I know you can install on 4.5, some games you can't play in 4.5 sysnand because they need a higher FW, the 3DS will hang when you start them

Thank you, you're awesome! I'm going to try it now. Bye bye gateway haha :D

Is there an easier way to install those CIAs on my new XL without gateway and ocarina of time? I actually have both and recently set up my brother's new XL for gateway but the process is a bit tedious.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Nope there's no other way:
(Yes there is, but it's the same in the end, get Cubic Ninja :P )

Prepare Gateway SD:
- Devmenu.3ds
- Playcoinsetter.3ds (Optional, if you want 300 coins on your system)

Prepare (N)3DS SD
- Format with SDFormatter v4.x
- Put Launcher.dat on it
- Put CIA files on it (If you want all 16 games, and want to install without swapping, you need a 64GB SD)
(I used a 32GB and when it was full, i wiped the cia files that where already installed after it ran out of SD space, then booted gateway sysnand again and installed the remaining games, when done i wiped all cia files from 3DS SD)

Getting it done:
- Install them in sysnand (Just bootup gateway, when you didn't setup an emunand it will boot in gateway sysnand)
- Press "SELECT" Multirom manager will show up on the top screen, then choose DEVMENU
- If you want 300 coins, choose playcoinsetter first and set it to 300, then start devmenu
- Install all your games at once (L+R+A)
- This will take a very long time, so go play or do something usefull :P
- Wait for it to install and when done, reboot your 3DS and try out all the games in your sysnand (Not Gateway Sysnand) before updating to 9.6

Reactions: LittleRedRidingH

LittleRedRidingH

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nope there's no other way:
(Yes there is, but it's the same in the end, get Cubic Ninja :P )

Prepare Gateway SD:
- Devmenu.3ds
- Playcoinsetter.3ds (Optional, if you want 300 coins on your system)

Prepare (N)3DS SD
- Format with SDFormatter v4.x
- Put Launcher.dat on it
- Put CIA files on it (If you want all 16 games, and want to install without swapping, you need a 64GB SD)
(I used a 32GB and when it was full, i wiped the cia files that where already installed after it ran out of SD space, then booted gateway sysnand again and installed the remaining games, when done i wiped all cia files from 3DS SD)

Getting it done:
- Install them in sysnand (Just bootup gateway, when you didn't setup an emunand it will boot in gateway sysnand)
- Press "SELECT" Multirom manager will show up on the top screen, then choose DEVMENU
- If you want 300 coins, choose playcoinsetter first and set it to 300, then start devmenu
- Install all your games at once (L+R+A)
- This will take a very long time, so go play or do something usefull :P
- Wait for it to install and when done, reboot your 3DS and try out all the games in your sysnand (Not Gateway Sysnand) before updating to 9.6

Thank you so so much! I'm going to do it now :) I'll update this thread later tonight or tomorrow depending on how long it takes ;)

Reactions: DjoeN

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, wut