Hacking Question Transferring Firmware files to another emunand possible?

fvig2001

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
So I have a legit emunand and I was on Atmosphere 16.1. I updated my firmware through system settings on my emunand. When it finished, hekate 5.5.0 could no longer identify the kernel anymore. So I think atmosphere has a bug on that regard. If I have another emunand on the same switch and same SD card on 11.01, can I just copy the non-user partitions to save it. At least Hekate allows me to mount the gpp without issues. My goal is to save the legit emunand and still be able to play online.

*edit:
It looks like my issue was resolved by hekate 5.5.1. I guess daybreak's update is different from legit 11.01. I also checked the system partitions and the emunands and mmc are too different. So I don't think my idea would have worked for my needs.

Last edited by fvig2001,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have a legit emunand and I was on Atmosphere 16.1. I updated my firmware through system settings on my emunand. When it finished, hekate 5.5.0 could no longer identify the kernel anymore. So I think atmosphere has a bug on that regard. If I have another emunand on the same switch and same SD card on 11.01, can I just copy the non-user partitions to save it. At least Hekate allows me to mount the gpp without issues. My goal is to save the legit emunand and still be able to play online.

*edit:
It looks like my issue was resolved by hekate 5.5.1. I guess daybreak's update is different from legit 11.01. I also checked the system partitions and the emunands and mmc are too different. So I don't think my idea would have worked for my needs.
Well that is to be expected of a homebrew application. Without the source code for Horizon, we can never make a 1:1 recreation of firmware updates.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLdXfFsgvkE