ROM Hack Question Transferring different language save files?

dangobear

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is it possible to transfer a save file to another version with a different language? The games are exactly the same but have different title IDs (Story of Seasons Friends of Mineral Town if that helps). Thanks!

Broduskii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I remember correctly it was only released in Japan, while there is an English patch you can use.
Why, and how do they have different title IDs? Since it was only released in one region.

Either way if I understood the situation well enough you should not have any issue with saves.

dangobear

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If I remember correctly it was only released in Japan, while there is an English patch you can use.
Why, and how do they have different title IDs? Since it was only released in one region.

Either way if I understood the situation well enough you should not have any issue with saves.

2 versions were released - Japan (Japanese only) and Asia (Chinese/Korean), which have different title IDs. I've been playing the JP version with the English patch but it's incomplete as the text is often truncated, overflowing or simply missing.

Broduskii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't aware of the Asia release, thanks for the info.
I don't see why they wouldn't work since its the same game.

You should be able to use check point to dump the files, then just replace the Asia file with the Japanese one.

dangobear

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wasn't aware of the Asia release, thanks for the info.
I don't see why they wouldn't work since its the same game.

You should be able to use check point to dump the files, then just replace the Asia file with the Japanese one.

Just tried Checkpoint and it somehow turned the Asian version's text into Japanese, so I guess it probably can't be done :unsure:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr