Transferring computer images to DSi?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Makoto0729, Feb 21, 2011.

Feb 21, 2011
  1. Makoto0729
    OP

Member Makoto0729 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I know this probably sounds like a noob question, and I apologize in advance for that. Last I heard, a long time ago, you could move photos taken from the DSi to the computer and back, but you couldn't take a picture, say, downloaded off the internet and view it on DSi. Has that ever been hacked or fixed? Has a way ever, in all this time, been found to do so? I figure if anyone will know, it'll be you guys.

Thanks in advance!

2. Elvarg

Banned Elvarg Zyzz™

Australia
    people have a flashcart most flashcarts can open .jpg images just put them in your micro sd.

3. Makoto0729
    OP

United States
    Thanks for the quick reply, but that's sort of circumventing the problem. I want the DSi's menu to recognize the pictures, so I can set the top-screen pictures in the menu to something other than a really crappy DSi picture. Or at least, I'd like to know if that's doable.

4. Elvarg

Banned Elvarg Zyzz™

Australia
    im not sure what picture format dsi supports anyway if you want to find out if youve exported a picture from your ds to your computer right click>properties.

edit: its funny how i commented 1min before you wrote the thread.

5. Makoto0729
    OP

United States
    It just appears to be a JPG, but I've tried saving another picture as one and the DSi still didn't recognize it.

Has a way ever been found before?

6. Snailface

Member Snailface My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing

Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
    Antarctica
  7. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    I think you're getting a bit mixed up... I think the OP want his OWN pictures to be displayed on the top screen while on the DSi 'channel' screen - not while on a flashcard own menu screen

8. Makoto0729
    OP

United States
    That's actually EXACTLY the kind of information I was looking for, thanks, even if the actual answer isn't what I hoped for. Again, I knew it was once impossible, and all Google searches confirmed that, but it seemed impossible to find any recent information on the subject.

Unrelated, but wasn't the DSi Common Key released at some point a few months ago? I never was able to find it. I know it's against the rules to ask for it here, so I won't, but I'm surprised no one's used that to somehow allow that...