Homebrew Transfering games from PC to usb flash memory

se7sssz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Greetings everyone;
I have purchased a WII U jail broken, and i am totally new to this device. I tried to add new games via WII USB Helper, and after downloading the games, i removed the USB flash memory from the device and plugged it into my PC, but the PC did not recognize the flash memory.
Then I installed WBFS Manager 3.0 and tried to add the game, but it did not accept any extension rather than ISO files
Even when i used folder to iso application and added the game, the WII U device did not recognize the flash memory however it is WBFS formatted
would you please guide me how to add a couple of games to the device!!

D

Deleted User

Greetings everyone;
I have purchased a WII U jail broken, and i am totally new to this device. I tried to add new games via WII USB Helper, and after downloading the games, i removed the USB flash memory from the device and plugged it into my PC, but the PC did not recognize the flash memory.
Then I installed WBFS Manager 3.0 and tried to add the game, but it did not accept any extension rather than ISO files
Even when i used folder to iso application and added the game, the WII U device did not recognize the flash memory however it is WBFS formatted
would you please guide me how to add a couple of games to the device!!

Only Wii-games use the wbfs-format. WiiU-games use a different format.

Reactions: jeannotte

se7sssz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
So which file system shall i use to transfer a game and play it on the device?
Wii does not recognize FAT or NTFS and pc unable to identify the WBFS

raphaeld82

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As the guy above you stated WBFS is for wii games only. The wii u formats the USB drive and only the wii u can recognize that drive now. You need to use an SD Card to install games to the USB drive.

raphaeld82

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your computer does not have an SD Card reader, than yes you will need that. But yes take those steps. The app needed for the wii u to install from sd card is WUP installer.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Thanks guys, i will try that
If you want to run GC/Wii games in the future you can convert them to Wii VC injects and install them like you would a Wii U game. Otherwise you need 2 drives (one that is WUFS formatted for Wii U and one that is FAT32 for GC/Wii. WBFS is not recommended as it is obsolete plus not supported for GC games), with WiiVC that's not necessary and you also get gamepad support for Wiimote and Classic Controller emulation with WiiVC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @Psionic Roshambo sorry but im not that used to listening to non game music +1