Gaming transfer san andreas save to usb?

mrpinkeye

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i all. i bought san andreas from the xbox live on demand dervice and want to transfer my game save to usb. is this even possible?

the closest i get is it wanting to copy the whole game and the save, basically everything in the san andreas folder!

other games allow me to transfer just the game save, why not san andreas?!

please help :(

mrpinkeye

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
well i tryed saving all my game data from all games and it worked and is on the usb stick as "xbox360". its the full 16gb even though the data was only 3gb ish. does that mean i have the save on usb now!?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
To check it you'll have to remove the HDD from the 360 and insert the USB drive.

If the GTA Save shows up on the USB drive then you'll have it on USB.
To extract it from there you'll need to use USBXTAF and backup the Compatibility folder.

However I don't know if it works with a USB drive but it does work with the HDD itself.

mrpinkeye

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
sweet. thanks for the advice. stupidly id only got as far as thinking of trying on a friends console, didnt think to remove 360 HDD! lol

will report back but if it works i'll just save the whole 16gb on my external usb HDD. fingers crossed :)

mrpinkeye

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
well now im more confused! the usb just has the original whole game file.

i tryed it without the HDD in and it said something like "you need HDD to play original xbox games"

id checked the HDD and all that was on it was my save file, no larger original game file.

i plugged in HDD and it worked....so is the game save still on HDD but the actual game has been moved to USB?! still doesnt help me transfer my game save :(

also, i noticed all my arcade game downloads are only "play trial" via usb and they prompt me to unlock full game which iv already done! does that mean if i get a new console i have to go online to get them back!? i cant transfer them? grrr

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I think that Xbox saves are locked to the HDD (old xbox saved everything to the HDD)

So your only option is to get a transfer cable and hook it up to your PC and backup the Compatibility folder.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SpookyBaker @ SpookyBaker: btw my updated location I listed isn't exactly where I wanted it to be, but it's very close to...