Gaming Transfer Pokemon between different region games

Cozy04

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have a US version of Pokemon Diamond, a German version of Pokemon Black and 2 consoles with Luma3DS so CFW isn't a problem. I've tried to transfer some Pokemon from Diamond to Black, but it just closes the connection. Is there any way to transfer the Pokemon with the 2 games that I have or do I need to get a US Black version?

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a US version of Pokemon Diamond, a German version of Pokemon Black and 2 consoles with Luma3DS so CFW isn't a problem. I've tried to transfer some Pokemon from Diamond to Black, but it just closes the connection. Is there any way to transfer the Pokemon with the 2 games that I have or do I need to get a US Black version?
I think you can transfer Pokémons in your case from Diamond (US) to Black (Ger). I assume since you've already tried you have another DS or 3DS, that the Diamond copy was in?

There's always PKHeX and PKSM as an alternative, since you have cfw on the 3DS, you can dump the saves from both carts and transfer as much as you like from Diamond to Black, and you get to keep your Pokémons in your Diamond copy as a bonus.

If you still wanna do it the official way..are you sure your Diamond & Black copies are not fake? Because if so, it can create issues/complicate the transferring process..

Cozy04

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think you can transfer Pokémons in your case from Diamond (US) to Black (Ger). I assume since you've already tried you have another DS or 3DS, that the Diamond copy was in?

There's always PKHeX and PKSM as an alternative, since you have cfw on the 3DS, you can dump the saves from both carts and transfer as much as you like from Diamond to Black, and you get to keep your Pokémons in your Diamond copy as a bonus.

If you still wanna do it the official way..are you sure your Diamond & Black copies are not fake? Because if so, it can create issues/complicate the transferring process..
I realized that I had a german Platinum laying around and used that to trade the Pokemon from Diamond to Platinum and tried again with no better result. It just said no compatible game found and quit. I've tried that process with 3 modded and 1 stock 3DS with the same result. Also I'm pretty sure all copies of the games I own are legitimate.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I realized that I had a german Platinum laying around and used that to trade the Pokemon from Diamond to Platinum and tried again with no better result. It just said no compatible game found and quit. I've tried that process with 3 modded and 1 stock 3DS with the same result. Also I'm pretty sure all copies of the games I own are legitimate.
Might sound stupid but, do you have Wireless enabled in both 3DS's?
Honestly, i would just use PKHeX or PKSM, there's no difference between the two. The way PKHeX works is that it makes sure that Pokémon you're transferring are legit, and it will tell you if they're not, so you can fix them. So you shouldn't worry that they'll be labeled forever as "hacked" if you did use PKHeX/PKSM.

Cozy04

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Might sound stupid but, do you have Wireless enabled in both 3DS's?
Honestly, i would just use PKHeX or PKSM, there's no difference between the two. The way PKHeX works is that it makes sure that Pokémon you're transferring are legit, and it will tell you if they're not, so you can fix them. So you shouldn't worry that they'll be labeled forever as "hacked" if you did use PKHeX/PKSM.
Yeah I use 2 N3DSXL and both show they are connected to the Internet and the eShop loads fine. Might have to use PKHeX or PKSM but its kind of a bummer that it won't work the legitimate way.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I use 2 N3DSXL and both show they are connected to the Internet and the eShop loads fine. Might have to use PKHeX or PKSM but its kind of a bummer that it won't work the legitimate way.
Might sound dumb, but you are doing through the Poke Transfer Lab (on Black) and not through the Pokémon Center?
Here's an idea of how it goes.

Cozy04

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Might sounddumb, but you are doing through the Poke Transfer Lab (on Black) and not through the Pokémon Center?
Here's an idea of how it goes.
Yes. I'm going to the Poke Transfer Lab on Route 15 in Black, talk to the Professor in the top and then open DS Download Play on my second 3DS. It even downloads the transfer app but it just closes out once it has connected.

Reactions: CoolMe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill