Hacking Transfer Persona 5 PS3 (CFW) savegame to PS4 (5.05 HEN)

Theo83

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
heya

as the title says. just bought a PS4 so now i'm wondering if there is a way to transfer a Persona 5 savegame from my old Rogero CFW PS3 to my brand new PS4.

Savegames should be compatible because if you have access to PSN and cloud saving you can just switch consoles at any time supposedly.... but obviously that is not an option in my case.

there is this app called bruteforce that let's you decrypt PS3 savegames, i guess the problem will be resigning them for the PS4. Is that possible somehow?

cheers

Reactions: guisadop

sp3off

GBATemp's least active boy
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Actually, I don't think you can for two reasons :

- They are indeed ports but changes might have been done to Persona 5 for the PS4 release (i am not talking about the fact that it's a port, because it's obviously normal) so it is almost impossible for a "older" savegame to work into the PS4.
- Not the same savedata structure.

Theo83

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
as i said i'm pretty sure the savegames of both versions are compatible.

if you have cloud saving you can go back and forth between PS3 and PS4 with the same savegame just by saving it in the cloud.

Madikan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Even if that's true, I don't think it has been done yet. PS4 save resigning isn't available publicly yet and I won't count on seeing something like what you're asking before any save game tools are released.

Borsalino

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've been also researching on how to do this. After comparing both saves, the structure are both different. Would be a huge help if someone can figure out how to transfer the save file to ps4.

Theo83

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
so with all the knowledge gained on tampering with PS4 savegames and all the tools released.

can anybody think of a conceivable way on how this might be possible? Transferring a PS3 Persona 5 savegame to PS4? As stated above this is totally possible if you have a legit PSN account on both consoles -- alas that's not an option for me...

MostlyUnharmful

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
is this not resolved ?
What I would try: on PS3 start a new game, export the game save, on PS4 start a new game, export the game save (with save mounter), check the two samples to find similar bits (pun intended). If nothing matches I would stop there, if something matches I would dedicate a few hours to try to implant the PS3 one to the PS4 one, if total exact match you just won the game save lottery.

Reactions: KiiWii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak past the light and kill that giant mosquito.