Hacking Transfer everything to emunand?

Bu2d85

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a JPN N3DS with a9lh and Luma3DS.

The sysnand is 11.0U and the emunand is 9.2J. I had region changed my system before a9lh and region emulation through Luma existed.

I would like to move all of my games and save games to my emunand and then move that to my sysnand. I do not use the emunand for anything, it just seamed like a safe place to store my original sysnand since I can't accidentally delete or format it. Is that possible without having to backup all of my saves and re-downloading everything?

Skyshadow101

The Sky Is The Limit!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The sysnand is 11.0U and the emunand is 9.2J. I had region changed my system before a9lh and region emulation through Luma existed.

I would like to move all of my games and save games to my emunand and then move that to my sysnand. I do not use the emunand for anything, it just seamed like a safe place to store my original sysnand since I can't accidentally delete or format it. Is that possible without having to backup all of my saves and re-downloading everything?
IIRC, you need to region change your emunand back to usa, then flash your emunand to sysnand, then update your sysnand to 11.0. If you have an NNID on sysnand, unlink it before you do it. As the NNID on emunand will overwrite it. Make sure to make a backup of sysnand before unlinking so you can switch between nnid's and games.

Sent from my Browser on a New 3DS XL with A9LH

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Didn't you mean the contrary? EmuNAND 11.0U and SysNAND 9.2J,
Saying this since you have a JAP console.

And if you have A9LH/Luma Setup, how are you booting to EmUNAND?
Can you show a Picture of your Luma config? (Keep pressing SELECT while powering up)

In order to merge everything, you'll have to choose the least used xxxNAND, backup the saves and then install the CIAs on the most used xxxNAND for those games and restore the saves.

If you don't have anything of interest on EmuNAND, you can just get rid of it and only use SysNAND.
A9LH was designed for that and you regain also, the space that the EmuNAND is taking on the SD.

Last edited by cravas, , Reason: More Info

Bu2d85

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't you mean the contrary? EmuNAND 11.0U and SysNAND 9.2J,
Saying this since you have a JAP console.

And if you have A9LH/Luma Setup, how are you booting to EmUNAND?
Can you show a Picture of your Luma config? (Keep pressing SELECT while powering up)

Ind order to merge everything, you'll have to choose the least used xxxNAND and then installing the CIAs for those games and restore the saves.
Nope, I switched my sysnand and emunand after I installed a9lh. I want to go back to the original Japanese firm so I can use the eshop again for themes.

I was hoping that maybe there was a way without having to download everything again.
IIRC, you need to region change your emunand back to usa, then flash your emunand to sysnand, then update your sysnand to 11.0. If you have an NNID on sysnand, unlink it before you do it. As the NNID on emunand will overwrite it. Make sure to make a backup of sysnand before unlinking so you can switch between nnid's and games.

Sent from my Browser on a New 3DS XL with A9LH
Linking the nands again..... That may be possible but it has been so long that I don't remember which one I will have to format to re-link. I'm pretty sure I formatted the 11.0U to unlink them so formatting the 9.2J a few times my link them again.

I guess it's trial and error now. At least there is nothing on the 9.2J nand since I never used it.

I have never had a NNID so that is not an issue.

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
If you don't care about the EmuNAND, want to remove it and you have A9LH, download Emunand9 from here:
https://github.com/d0k3/EmuNAND9/releases

And copy the "files9" folder to the root of your SD and the "EmuNAND9.bin" to /luma/payloads"
Rename "EmuNAND9.bin" to "y_EmuNAND9.bin" (if you already have a file there with y_ give it another key: up, down whatever)

Make a copy of ALL SD on your PC, you'll lose everything on the next steps.

Power up the console while pressing the key for EmuNAND9.bin (I named it above y).
You'll boot into EmuNAND.

Choose "SD Format Options..."
Choose "Format SD (no EmuNAND)

If appears: "File starter.bin found on SD card
Use this to autosetup?"
Choose no (press B)

After enter the keys required (On my, it asks for Down, Up, Left, Right, A)

It will format your SD. When it finishes, press B then SELECT to eject your SD.

Put your SD on PC and copy back, ALL files and folders you made in the beginning.

Put SD on console and press B.

Press START to reboot.

While rebooting, keep pressing SELECT to open Luma config and select:

New 3DS CPU: Clock+L2
Autoboot SysNAND
Use SysNAND FIRM if booting with R (A9LH)
Show current NAND in System Settings

After this you'll only have your SysNAND.

If you want to region change back to JAP, you can follow this:
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Region-Changing

But I think you'll lose all your saves and whatnot.

Bu2d85

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't care about the EmuNAND, want to remove it and you have A9LH, download Emunand9 from here:
https://github.com/d0k3/EmuNAND9/releases

And copy the "files9" folder to the root of your SD and the "EmuNAND9.bin" to /luma/payloads"
Rename "EmuNAND9.bin" to "y_EmuNAND9.bin" (if you already have a file there with y_ give it another key: up, down whatever)

Make a copy of ALL SD on your PC, you'll lose everything on the next steps.

Power up the console while pressing the key for EmuNAND9.bin (I named it above y).
You'll boot into EmuNAND.

Choose "SD Format Options..."
Choose "Format SD (no EmuNAND)

If appears: "File starter.bin found on SD card
Use this to autosetup?"
Choose no (press B)

After enter the keys required (On my, it asks for Down, Up, Left, Right, A)

It will format your SD. When it finishes, press B then SELECT to eject your SD.

Put your SD on PC and copy back, ALL files and folders you made in the beginning.

Put SD on console and press B.

Press START to reboot.

While rebooting, keep pressing SELECT to open Luma config and select:

New 3DS CPU: Clock+L2
Autoboot SysNAND
Use SysNAND FIRM if booting with R (A9LH)
Show current NAND in System Settings

After this you'll only have your SysNAND.

If you want to region change back to JAP, you can follow this:
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Region-Changing

But I think you'll lose all your saves and whatnot.
The whole point of this is transferring everything to another nand without losing games and saves.

Bu2d85

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just had another thought. Will a CTRNand transfer from my emunand to my sysnand work? Or does that not retain the title and ticket databases?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple