Homebrew Question Transfer EMUnand to bigger SD card (SX OS)

FabienvgNL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
so, a week ago I created Emunand on a hidden partition on a 64 Gb SD card. I played some XCI games, haven’t installed any nsp games. Now I have a 400Gb SD card and would like to transfer the Emunand with the save files to it. Should I just create Emunand on the new SD card, and copy and replace all files/folders from the old SD card to the new SD card?

PyroGoat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AFAIK hidden partition will not show in windows explorer to copy files from.....

You might be able to do it with other tools to clone partitions to new SD card then expand exfat partition to utilize unallocated space. Have not attempted.

Last edited by PyroGoat,

stick267

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If all you want to do is carry over saves, I would just back them up with Checkpoint and create a fresh emunand on the new SD. Then transfer the saves and whatever else over.

FabienvgNL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If all you want to do is carry over saves, I would just back them up with Checkpoint and create a fresh emunand on the new SD. Then transfer the saves and whatever else over.
Thanks. So I don’t need to copy over the nintendo folder from the old sd card if I just want to restore saves? Are you sure about that? Because in the Nintendo folder I see a saves folder. I know those arent the actual saves, but I’m notsure wheyher they are still importsnt to be copied over though.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Just clone you sd card to the new one using one of the many clone utilities available via a simple search on google - then resize your fat32/exfat partition afterwards using one of the many utilities available to do that. Job done!

Reactions: Fugelmir

stick267

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. So I don’t need to copy over the nintendo folder from the old sd card if I just want to restore saves? Are you sure about that? Because in the Nintendo folder I see a saves folder. I know those arent the actual saves, but I’m notsure wheyher they are still importsnt to be copied over though.
Yeah I would copy all files/folders from the old SD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I eventually had to contact a domestic abuse advocate to help me get out of the apartment I was in a lease with her. And filed a restraining order on her cuz she kept harassing me after i left her.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt bring my Charger and nobody here has one compatible with my phone
    either you have usb C and no one else does, or everone else has usb c except you. haha
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @RedColoredStars, i don't have usb c
    That happened to me for like a year. lol. I was the only one of all my friends and family to still have an old phone.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @RedColoredStars, my phone is from around 2019
    Mine was from 2017. lolol. I just got this new one like 6 months ago. Not even new, second hand cheapo $40 phone. But it has usb c. lol
    I cant justify $1k+ on a nice ass phone. I can spend that on a 75" tv screen. Why a 6" screen device cost me the same? lol
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had a iPhone 5 for like 6 years, till last year, and had to get new phone, when phone companies stop using the cdna networks, which the iphone5 used.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A phone can do more than a TV
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    These smart TVs are getting close tho. Gonna be like "back to future" TVs before long.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah a phones going to always be more powerful than a TV if the TVs $2grand maybe but why when I can put a smaller device in my pocket that does basically everything a TV already does
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can justify a decent $800 smartphone that'll last 3 years when I could get a 65" TV for $400 and buy a decent micro computer for $100 more
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tbf there are decent $400 smartphones in today's market that make top end spec phones unjust it's just what you want
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Found a Charger that works with my phone
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Yeah Ken I have 3 Samsung Phones now and honestly all 3 feel about the same
    A35 a S23 FE S24 Ultra lol
    Camera is about the only thing that legit separates them, unless you play games on your phone....
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I honestly just download movies on my phone put them on my card reader then on my tv so much better than wireless transfer bs
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Glad I bought a card reader type c and usb A makes life easy
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
    i download movies on my PC that is connected to my living room tv.
    Monitors are too small for my bad eyesight so I use my main tv and wirelss keyboard and wireless trackball mouse.
    I tried wireless transfer on phone before and yes, it's garbage. lol. So sloooooooooowwwwww.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: I tried wireless transfer on phone before and yes, it's garbage. lol. So sloooooooooowwwwww.