XP
Country
United States
PSP with Voice Patch
PSP without Voice Patch
Scena Only (for PC)

here you go... updated using Fugsnarf's latest spreadsheet
cheers

edit : i need to revert using Wazy because the compiler generate an error if we're using "special" characters
Thanks for the links. I haven't followed the thread rigorously, but it seems these are the the patches for Ao in English (with/without Evo voice), is it correct?

A bit out-of-topic question: Do you (or anyone else) know if an Evo voice patch for the leaked Zero is available somewhere?

Thanks.

Shanoku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Thank you very much Julialy, ils and Fugsnarf. if i understand correctly the patch has now almost all the story and items human translated and the rest is machine translated ?

Fugsnarf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cheers guys. Thanks for your work on this.

In other news, the PC version seems to have a mind of its own sometimes. Occasionally it'll just decide to run really slow. Using the hook @julialy provided fixes it, but then it runs too fast because game logic is dictated by the framerate. I guess I could just use a frame limiter though.

Also if anybody has any suggestions for the analog movement, it's a little wonky. Mouse movement is incredibly smooth, but analog movement also seems to have a mind of its own and certain zones outside the basic 8 directions become dead zones occasionally. I am using a dinput controller. xinput ones barely work at all.

aCot+

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bhutan
Are there any fixes for that character model bug where characters get placed randomly on the screen or disappear entirely during cutscenes?

Also Fugsnarf what settings are you using in PPSSPP? That looks a lot crisper than mine.

Last edited by aCot+,

Fugsnarf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using the Crossbell Translation Tool to translate the quests details using my jargon and Google TL. I'll post the file as soon as it's done, but someone like ils will need to add it to the patch so you can play it on PSP -- otherwise it should work on PC out of the box.

uyjulian

Homebrewer
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I decided to run through @ils patch, and I got a few hangs and crashes:

Crashes: Monster exterminition quests; when you get close to a monster and the dialog appears the emulator segmentation faults. (Tested PPSSPP only)

Hangs: In chapter 1, after the scene at Crossbell Police School, the scene when traveling back to Crossbell City, the game hangs on a black screen. (Tested PPSSPP and PC)

During the scene in Orchis Tower, when a sequence of events happen during the conference. The game will hang. (tested PPSSPP only)

ils

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I decided to run through @ils patch, and I got a few hangs and crashes:

Crashes: Monster exterminition quests; when you get close to a monster and the dialog appears the emulator segmentation faults. (Tested PPSSPP only)

Hangs: In chapter 1, after the scene at Crossbell Police School, the scene when traveling back to Crossbell City, the game hangs on a black screen. (Tested PPSSPP and PC)

During the scene in Orchis Tower, when a sequence of events happen during the conference. The game will hang. (tested PPSSPP only)

for the monster extermination quest, I already found the problem. it seems the game load something if the script contain #4R

I've remove the #4R and it's working. I am now at Crossbell Police School, and hoping to see what cause the "traveling back crash" thing (I see someone in reddit also crash in that particular scene)

hopefully it's the same cause and I'll remove all the #xR references in the translation

I also have some weird black screen "please wait" in adrenaline. the game still run, you can input battle command but the screen only shows black screen with please wait comment. I don't know if this is adrenaline bug or this patch

edit : can anyone tell me which file Orchis Tower loaded with? it should be in kitsune's Excel with File ID (added by flame1234)
i found out the bug in "travelling back to Crossbell" scene. it loads c0200.bin which has long "dialog box name" (people name, location name) in this case "Special Support Section Conducted Car". i change it to "SSS Conducted Car" and it works (or maybe i'll change it to Orbal Car)

Last edited by ils,

shadow12345

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to have the first post of the topic contain all useful links (i.e., tools to work with xdelta file, voice patch tutorial, PC version patch)?

I have been going through these 10 pages but it is quite difficult to follow what is going on. I am sorry if I made an unreasonable request.

Thanks in advance.

Miracutor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hey @ils. Can you share the the iso patch with voice patch without translation? Because of that 'traveling back crash', I can't progress at all. I can bypass that by loading the original iso but that meant missing the voice and translation. Well, I tried to search for voice scripts but the instructions confused me. I managed to encode the voice files through. Please can you share the iso patch only with Japanese voice script without translation? :D

ils

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
try this new patch
PSP with Voice Patch
PSP without Voice Patch
Scena Only

Is it possible to have the first post of the topic contain all useful links (i.e., tools to work with xdelta file, voice patch tutorial, PC version patch)?

I have been going through these 10 pages but it is quite difficult to follow what is going on. I am sorry if I made an unreasonable request.

Thanks in advance.

1st post edited with more info, should be enough to start

Hey @ils. Can you share the the iso patch with voice patch without translation? Because of that 'traveling back crash', I can't progress at all. I can bypass that by loading the original iso but that meant missing the voice and translation. Well, I tried to search for voice scripts but the instructions confused me. I managed to encode the voice files through. Please can you share the iso patch only with Japanese voice script without translation? :D

try use this (Original PSP, patched with voice BOOT/EBOOT/PARAM.SFO only)
you need to download
1. za_voice.prx and za_voice.ini from https://github.com/ZhenjianYang/ZeroAoVoice-PSP/releases and put it in the (memorystick)/PSP/za_voice
2. put the extracted audio into (memorystick)/PSP/za_voice/ao/voice.pak (or just put your .ogg/.wav here)
3. start a new game, the 1st line from Military Officer should be voiced ("...Here we are")

Last edited by ils,

Miracutor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hey, @ils. Thanks so much for the patch. I will try it asap. Also congrats for fixing those bugs. Can't wait to continue playing! :lol: Again thank you so much!

kurowudgey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm playing the patched PSP version of Ao on PPSSPP. I used ils' latest patch. I'm stuck at the boss for imelda maison's monster cleanup quest at the beginning of Ao. When i approach the mosquito, the game crashes. I've tried restarting the emulator, i've tried using default graphics settings, but to no avail. I've tried using an unpatched version of the game, but when i used my save file, there were no characters on screen and then the game crashed. I'm not using save states, only game saves. Help.
Lm88Rng.jpg

Fugsnarf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As a temporary fix, save right before approaching the boss and the load an unpatched Japanese iso. Then just fight the boss in Japanese, or even try saving the state in battle and loading the state with the patched iso and see if that works. Otherwise just save after the battle and load up the patched iso.

kurowudgey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like i said, if i used an unpatched ISO, and use a save file from the patched ISO, the game will glitch out. It will just show an empty place and then crash.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright