Gaming Trade Lite for DSi?

Dark

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I hope gamestop lets me trade my dsl to a dsi. Screw the gba slot i spent 20dollars on a m3 gba expanison and i only played pokemon shiny gold on it. How much would it cost for an import?

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, my suggestions to those that know for sure they're going to give up their DSLite for cash:

Don't go the way of retailers, but if you absolutely must, Trade it in NOW. The longer you wait after the announcement was made, the closer retailers have gotten to modifying their trade-in price to reflect the impending new hardware release (if they haven't already). In other words, trade-in prices are going to plummet, trade-in as soon as you can to rack in maximum cash.

That being said, retailers are, for the most part, HORRIBLE at giving you decent money for trade-ins. You may have a better chance to receive more cash through any kind of online deal. The downside is that, well, you're online! Everyone already knows about the new hardware announcement!

Your absolute best bet to make max cash, however doesn't involve a retailer OR online services. Find someone you know (preferably that doesn't know about the new DSi) and pitch it to them hardcore. Just make sure they won't get mad when they find out about the DSi, have a backup pitch that states why the DSi is worse than the DSLite (just don't let them see you walking down the street with a DSi late on down the line
laugh.gif
).

Also, you could find an adult-ish friend with kids that's looking for a good Holiday gift for their young ones. Strike a deal with 'em and rack in the munnies.
wink.gif

That being said... fuck the DSi. What a piece of ass. It can kiss my dick.
nyanya.gif

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I wish nintendo included the following

1. Bluetooth
2. A better camera (but either way i dont care about it )
3. SOme kind of built in rumble pack
4. More RAM, and GPU "strength"
5. SOmehow a n64 emulator, an we can download the games from nintendos store (that would be cool)
6. And a way that we can easily replace batteries, like if we had another charged battery and and the one in the DS finished we could switch it over.

Other than that, the DSi would be great.

WOuld i buy it, only when i break my NDS or Flashcard some how

RadioShadow

Trophies
XP
Country
mehenry said:
I hope gamestop lets me trade my dsl to a dsi. Screw the gba slot i spent 20dollars on a m3 gba expanison and i only played pokemon shiny gold on it. How much would it cost for an import?

Best place to obtain one when it gets released is play-asia.

Postage for a Nintendo DS is about $22.

MG4M3R

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
QUOTE said:
More RAM, and GPU "strength"

To run a Internet Browser without Expansion Ram, the DSi probably have more RAM and GPU.

Also, the DSi probably will become something like the "Game Boy Color" with some exclusive games that uses the adicional RAM, SD and camera.

dukenukethis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm perfectly happy with my PHAT DS so, but I'm sure that the DSi will cause a price drop in the Lites, so I'll probably take advantage of that and pick one up.

ExDee

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Goddddd I feel soo ripped off... just seeing the DSi makes me so guilty that i bought a DS lite. It has smexy ass features.

Maybe they'll do the thingy in gamestop where u trade ur gameboy SP and $80 to a ds, but the DS lite to a DSi? omg i really want a DSi... i'm not that rich tho

xCuteBunnyx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DrKupo said:
I don't understand you people. $175 is not very much at all. Keep your old ds, buy a DSI, be happy.

$175 is a lot to us azn. And my parents + me.
All my things except my DS was mostly under $100. MP3 was cheap.
I did something from Nov-Mid Feb in order to actually earn my ds.

osirisFIVE

Trophies
Website
www.imperfectgrandeur.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Senegal
I'll keep my DSL for the Guitar Hero Series.

Anyway, like they said: it's gonna be a '3rd platform'.
So unless your game shop allowed you to trade your gameboy advance up to a NDS, you're stuck with spending money buying almost an identical product (with a camera and mp3 player).

Syncr

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
dsdoommods.lefora.com
XP
Country
United States
i think it will have extra ram because of the browser...i think i should get it, only if gamestop would let you trade in ur ds for dsi plus like 40 bucks[nds=110$? ndsi=180$? === 70 bucks difference?]

esoterica

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, I don't see the DSi as something much better than the DSL. It may be SLIGHTLY slimmer and have a slightly bigger screen, and a crappy camera, but thats it. That alone, is not worth the upgrade to me.And if you read the link I posted earlier, reviews say that the DSi has a MUCH shorter battery life than the DSL. Probably because it has a bigger screen and a slimmer design and more random crap to add to it.

I remember a while ago, I made a post on WiiChat.com about why the Wii doesn't have DVD feature. People got very angry at me, saying people preferred having "gaming consoles" ONLY for gaming. Meaning, it's not a big deal. While the minority felt like if Wii supported "channels" and "remotes" and even internet browsing, DVD compatability seemed like it would be a standard feature. We all know Wii has the hardware capable of playing DVDs but does not have the software (unless you have it modded).

Anyways, in the same light, I find it even more absurd to add a camera to the DSi. I'm not gonna be playing a game, and suddenly go "Oh crap i need to take a pic of this". I just think its extra fancy shmancy stuff just to get people who already own a DSL to buy ANOTHER DS, or for people who don't have one yet to feel like it's finally worthwhile to buy one since it's a camera AND a mp3 player as well.

Same thing with iPod making the iTouch almost like an iPhone.

SkyintheSea

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xCuteBunnyx said:
DrKupo said:
I don't understand you people. $175 is not very much at all. Keep your old ds, buy a DSI, be happy.

$175 is a lot to us azn. And my parents + me.
All my things except my DS was mostly under $100. MP3 was cheap.
I did something from Nov-Mid Feb in order to actually earn my ds.

God atleast someone here understands.
rolleyes.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Good news for the five people that want two more