Gaming Trade Lite for DSi?

SkyintheSea

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Geez, I don't have a job at the moment and you people are flaming me because you think i'm poor?

I have to save money to pay for gas, pumping premium, driving to school which is across town and have to pay for my school classes which is 30 for entry fee and 30 for each credit. I'm trying to save money here, but you people are like 175 is nothing? I'm sorry you guys must have money growing on your tree's.

@ galneon :
I clearly understand how business works, but you sir YOU clearly don't understand what I asked, did you? I did not ask you to state how business works, I simply asked if it was possible.

galneon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are you set on having the latest version? In all likeliness, the DSL is probably better for gaming. I don't know what I'd change about it, at least. Is this a status symbol? If it is, I question your priorities if the DSi is up there with gas and schooling.

SkyintheSea

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gaming on the go, latest tech, and the camera feature would be nifty.

Question, YOU wouldn't buy the DSi? This forum is likely for DS fans to actually post on or troll. I'm pretty sure most the people on this forum would be set to buying the latest version. Before you say anymore I would like to know how the DSL is better for gaming when the DSi is an upgrade of the gaming console?

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
SkyintheSea said:
Damn, that sucks. Maybe Game Stop will accept that, like used console trade to new console with a fee. Oh well I just bought my DSL a couple of months ago. Like 2-3 months ago --;
Uh, no, GameStop would NEVER EVER do that. We're talking about GameStop here; the store tha pays you $40 for a brand new DSL.

esoterica

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand why Nintendo would make this. It may be a slight upgrade from DS, but not big enough to REALLY want it or have the need for it, unless my DS is getting old or there's something wrong with it. The only benefit I see is the slightly larger screen. As for it's own SD slot... do you think this new DSi won't work with current flash carts? I feel like it's their way of making sure people can't use them on the new systems because so many people are already using them? I dunno. I may still get one and give my old DS away, but ONLY if it still works with my flash card.

http://kotaku.com/5057867/liveblogging-the...erence-liveblog

check out this link on the DSi

galneon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SkyintheSea said:
Gaming on the go, latest tech, and the camera feature would be nifty.

Question, YOU wouldn't buy the DSi? This forum is likely for DS fans to actually post on or troll. I'm pretty sure most the people on this forum would be set to buying the latest version. Before you say anymore I would like to know how the DSL is better for gaming when the DSi is an upgrade of the gaming console?

Because I have a cell phone and I have a camera (and a cell phone with a camera that plays MP3s) and any additional features, such as the camera, will result in the lack of others, such as GBA support. I don't see the point unless you want to look cool with the latest hardware. Maybe that's important. It's not like they're adding a backlight or reducing the size significantly while retaining all functionality like the original GBA to the SP.

For the record, I intend to buy another DSL or two before they disappear just because I'm sure they're the better gaming solution.

Saitalv4.0

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hickeyl said:
i feel sorry for nintendo i love them but god they can be dumb

if the dsl never existed then maybe this dsi would of been the next gen gaming

-.- but no

lol next thing they will add fucking analog sticks -.-

You know, an analog stick or nub wouldn't be so bad...It works for the PSP pretty well. A little built in rumble too, perhaps? Hey, if we're killing slot 2, might as well go all the way. We can assume there's a built in RAM expansion, thanks to the in-built Opera Browser.

GBA Emulation will probably be done with the SD Card. I heard somewhere the ARM7 processor is also used on the DS for loading, etc.

And am I the only one who thinks bluetooth would kick ass with the DS?

Now, if we can get better than a 99Mhz processor on board and a64 bit GPU, we can start on N64 emulation...

esoterica

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Saitalv4.0 said:
Hickeyl said:
i feel sorry for nintendo i love them but god they can be dumb

if the dsl never existed then maybe this dsi would of been the next gen gaming

-.- but no

lol next thing they will add fucking analog sticks -.-

You know, an analog stick or nub wouldn't be so bad...It works for the PSP pretty well. A little built in rumble too, perhaps? Hey, if we're killing slot 2, might as well go all the way. We can assume there's a built in RAM expansion, thanks to the in-built Opera Browser.

GBA Emulation will probably be done with the SD Card. I heard somewhere the ARM9 processor is also used on the DS for loading, etc.

And am I the only one who thinks bluetooth would kick ass with the DS?

Honestly, I don't know why the DS didn't come with Bluetooth. It just seems kind of dumb when you have friends right NEXT to you with their DS, yet you can't play with each other because there is no Wi-fi to connect to.

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
esoterica said:
It just seems kind of dumb when you have friends right NEXT to you with their DS, yet you can't play with each other because there is no Wi-fi to connect to.
Um...there ARE local-wireless games too, you know. And some games that do both WiFi and ad-hoc.

scousethief

Trophies
XP
Country
a little pointless, the camera should be 5.0mp minimum , why no gba slot ???, they should have made a portable gamecube the size of a ds now that might have been interesting.

Saitalv4.0

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
esoterica said:

Battery life will get fixed over time, and I'm sure someone'll have a 3rd party extended battery. You know that's on someone's to-do list (e.g. Nyko's wireless nunchuk)

But, well into 2009... Now doesn't THAT suck stylus. It's true, nobody would want to buy a Lite now, knowing a newer system's on the way... That's just plain stupid...

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Game retailers will probably give you around $35 for it, though that may be a little too credit-giving...

I should bring in my old DS and see if people even know what the hell it is. XD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.