Trade in DSL with Broken Hinge?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by luke_c, Aug 1, 2009.

1. luke_c
    OP

luke_c Big Boss

Jun 16, 2008
    Land of England
    Well, i'v made up my mind, i'm trading in my DS Lite and i'm gonna get a DSi, the problem is my DSL has a Broken hinge so it just flaps about when you open it, should i goto the bother of getting it repaired or should i just trade it in as it is... I dunno if Game/Gamestation accepts DSL in these conditions, but if i get it repaired and trade it in i could end up paying more for the repair than i'd get for trading it in, i don't know what to do, if worse comes to worse i'll sell it on eBay >_>

2. Da-Bomb1

Da-Bomb1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 19, 2009
    Canada
    BC, Canada
    You could always try repairing it yourself by using parts bought on the internet. It's pretty cheap, but I guess it depends on whether you think you have the skill to do such a thing.

3. Mantis41

Mantis41 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 3, 2009
    United States
    earth
    If everything works on it especialy the touch screen, top screen and shoulder buttons then I would probably buy it from you. Best way to get rid of it is probably ebay, broken DSs seem to sell pretty well.

4. luke_c
    OP

luke_c Big Boss

Jun 16, 2008
    Land of England
    I havn't the skills with anything electrical sadly let alone the confidence, and yeah it's all good except the hinge the bottom screen has a few scratches but it still reacts on touch perfectly, i'll see how much NDSL's are going for on eBay

5. Omega_2

Omega_2 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Yeah, easier to just ebay it. repairs can range from about half the units' original cost sometimes.

Edit:
    Hai luke [​IMG]

6. luke_c
    OP

luke_c Big Boss

Jun 16, 2008
    Land of England
    I'll put it on eBay for a few days and see how it go's

7. luke_c
    OP

luke_c Big Boss

Jun 16, 2008
    Land of England
    It didn't meet it's £50 Reserve so i'm taking it in to get it repaired and i'm buying a PSP 2000 instead [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice