Trade in DSL with Broken Hinge?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by luke_c, Aug 1, 2009.

Aug 1, 2009

Trade in DSL with Broken Hinge? by luke_c at 9:59 PM (1,039 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. luke_c
    OP

Member luke_c Big Boss

United Kingdom
    Well, i'v made up my mind, i'm trading in my DS Lite and i'm gonna get a DSi, the problem is my DSL has a Broken hinge so it just flaps about when you open it, should i goto the bother of getting it repaired or should i just trade it in as it is... I dunno if Game/Gamestation accepts DSL in these conditions, but if i get it repaired and trade it in i could end up paying more for the repair than i'd get for trading it in, i don't know what to do, if worse comes to worse i'll sell it on eBay >_>

2. Da-Bomb1

Member Da-Bomb1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    You could always try repairing it yourself by using parts bought on the internet. It's pretty cheap, but I guess it depends on whether you think you have the skill to do such a thing.

3. Mantis41

Member Mantis41 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    If everything works on it especialy the touch screen, top screen and shoulder buttons then I would probably buy it from you. Best way to get rid of it is probably ebay, broken DSs seem to sell pretty well.

4. luke_c
    OP

Member luke_c Big Boss

United Kingdom
    I havn't the skills with anything electrical sadly let alone the confidence, and yeah it's all good except the hinge the bottom screen has a few scratches but it still reacts on touch perfectly, i'll see how much NDSL's are going for on eBay

5. Omega_2

Member Omega_2 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Antarctica
    Yeah, easier to just ebay it. repairs can range from about half the units' original cost sometimes.

Edit:
    Hai luke [​IMG]

6. luke_c
    OP

Member luke_c Big Boss

United Kingdom
    I'll put it on eBay for a few days and see how it go's

7. luke_c
    OP

Member luke_c Big Boss

United Kingdom
    It didn't meet it's £50 Reserve so i'm taking it in to get it repaired and i'm buying a PSP 2000 instead [​IMG]