XP
Country
United States
homebrew.gif
Touhou DS v0.7
Huge Update!
touhoudscreenshot.png
Touhou.jpg
Touhou DS is a Shoot-Em-Up game for the Nintendo DS.
There's a lot of updates in the version; check out the entire changelog below!

QUOTE(Author's Note) said:
I've mostly worked on the internal scripting engine for this release. Besides increasing the performance by a few percent, the error handling has been greatly improved. Instead of the program just reporting that an error has occurred, it now prints the offending line and what's exactly wrong with it. This makes debugging much easier.

From a user's perspective, not very much has changed. I've added a third stage to the example game, and fixed some non-critical bugs. Also new is the option to download new characters from within the game itself. You just select the download option on the title screen and select which characters you want to install/update. The character data is then downloaded from the internet using the built-in wifi functionality. It connects using the default connection settings, if you need to change those you'll need to use another game or program (for now). Please also note that the download feature is still experimental and has some graphical glitches that aren't fixed yet.
Changelogbugfixes:
- Shows an error message instead of silently crashing in the case of a
broken installation.
- The current score was added to the list of high-scores twice if you
used restart or quit after losing all your lives.
- Pausing the game stopped the music, it now only stops sound effects.
- After completing all stages, the game sometimes crashed.
- Script errors in stages other than the first weren't shown to the user.
- After a boss' spellcard finishes, -all- enemy projectiles are now
destroyed, not just those of the ENEMY_SHOT type.
- Instead of overwriting the default textures, user-specified textures
were added -after- the existing textures. This limited the max. texture
memory to 32KB.

improvements:
- Internal script compiler now does basic type-checking.
- Meaningful error messages in the script compiler.
- Added (beta) support for downloading additional characters from within
the game using wifi.
- Rewrote a large portion of the scripting manual.
- Support for multiple routes per game. Routes are commonly used to create
a selectable difficulty setting.
- The score overview shown at the end of every stage works now.
- Both stages and routes can now be locked/unlocked. Read the manual for
more info.
- Added a third stage.
download.gif
Download
icon11.gif
Source
discuss.png
Discuss

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I hope SHMUP and Touhou fans don't miss this due to the CTDS craze at the moment.

I kind of wonder why more homebrew SHMUPs aren't popping up. The dual screens really play to a SHMUP's benefit...at least vertical ones.

e_man

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
damn
frown.gif
can't get this to work on a G6Lite, it just says i have to DLDI patch it, and i have done that!

have tried the ds.gba file. tried repatching it and it just says it cant find the libfat drivers.

and i just NEED to play this game.
biggrin.gif

CharAznable

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I can't get this working on M3DS Real at all. Tried both the normal and R4 versions, tried launching both from DSOrganize and the M3's internal browser. Get a code dump every time. Blah.

anoNL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
SeraphisCain said:
I can't get this working on M3DS Real at all. Tried both the normal and R4 versions, tried launching both from DSOrganize and the M3's internal browser. Get a code dump every time. Blah.
As in guru meditation error? In that case, can you post the exact exception -- especially the pc=??? part.

CharAznable

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
anoNL said:
SeraphisCain said:
As in guru meditation error? In that case, can you post the exact exception -- especially the pc=??? part.

pc=0200AE88 addr=0000005C

anoNL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
SeraphisCain said:
anoNL said:
SeraphisCain said:

pc=0200AE88 addr=0000005C
This seems to indicate a missing font file.
Do the files "/TouhouDS/font.ttf" and "/TouhouDS/mono.ttf" exist? Maybe they're in a different folder?

e_man

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Zarcon said:
Make sure you keep everything within the TouhouDS folder, don't move the .nds file to your root directory.
what in my case then? i have a g6 lite and have to install the roms via a program, should i put the touhoudsfolder on the root or in the roms folder? cause you said i couldnt move the nds files. then how do i do?
ohmy.gif

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
e_man said:
Zarcon said:
Make sure you keep everything within the TouhouDS folder, don't move the .nds file to your root directory.
what in my case then? i have a g6 lite and have to install the roms via a program, should i put the touhoudsfolder on the root or in the roms folder? cause you said i couldnt move the nds files. then how do i do?
ohmy.gif
You have to install via a program? o.0;;
Well, in that case, extract the TouhouDS folder to your root directory then install the NDS file into the TouhouDS folder.
Or something.
The TouhouDS folder...can probably be anywhere, but the readme says to put it in your root.

e_man

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Zarcon said:
e_man said:
Zarcon said:
ohmy.gif
You have to install via a program? o.0;;
Well, in that case, extract the TouhouDS folder to your root directory then install the NDS file into the TouhouDS folder.
Or something.
The TouhouDS folder...can probably be anywhere, but the readme says to put it in your root.

ok i'll try that! i have a g6 lite, slot 2 card, and all my roms i install ends upp in :/ndsroms/ so if i put touhou folder in there it might work?
anyway i'll try that!
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb