Seraph

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So there's a problem with my DS Lite touchscreen. When I apply pressure to the touchscreen it makes a clicking noise. It feels as if the screen isn't secure or like the adhesive(if any) is wearing off. I'm out of my warranty so would the best option be just to disassemble the DS Lite and fix it myself or just sell it/get a new one/pay for repair?

I'm actually thinking of getting a new one anyway but if I fix it I could probably sell it for more to a friend.

Tetsuoseraphi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I got the same issue, and because of it I can't recaliberate my ds, which means i lose around 2mm of the right hand side of my screen, and anything from the right to the centre is out of sync touch wise.

I looked into it and people have fixed it themselves, but buying a new screen, then going through the disassembling was a risk for me and possibly would have cost more than a new DS. It isn't a huge issue, but annoying for people who would play the DS regularly. My mate is buying it off me for £60, leaving me paying only only £40 for a new one :]

So its upto you, i think you could fix it but not without rick, since to get the bottom screen off you have to take apart the whole DS, including the top speakers iirc.

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I got the same issue, and because of it I can't recaliberate my ds, which means i lose around 2mm of the right hand side of my screen, and anything from the right to the centre is out of sync touch wise.

I looked into it and people have fixed it themselves, but buying a new screen, then going through the disassembling was a risk for me and possibly would have cost more than a new DS. It isn't a huge issue, but annoying for people who would play the DS regularly. My mate is buying it off me for £60, leaving me paying only only £40 for a new one :]

So its upto you, i think you could fix it but not without rick, since to get the bottom screen off you have to take apart the whole DS, including the top speakers iirc.

I know for a fact that a lot of other people on gbatemp will also have this fault but just haven't noticed it.
My Lite has this fault and my Phat which I had replaced by Nintendo due to the this fault, also has the same fault.
frown.gif

VBKirby

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm. So it isn't just me. My DS lite does the same thing. It makes the paint panic mini game on Kirby Canvas Curse impossible. Several other games are messed up this way too. Fortunately, my big fat Gray DS does not have this problem, so I use it for touch screen purposes, and when I need the microphone or GBA games, I use my DS Lite. (though I use my Game boy Micro for Drill Dozer since it's easier to reach the [R] and [L] buttons) I'm saving up for a new DS Lite. I've currently got 68 dollars, so I'm getting there, but still have a ways to go. Am coping fine with my old DS.

Seraph

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, sometimes it's fine. Didn't know you had to buy a new replacement screen. I guess I could just sell it or live with it. (I think it's been doing things before my warranty so it isn't that much of a problem) I don't think I have any calibration problems but it's been over like ayear since I've done it.

I kinda want to get a new color though so I'll probably end up selling it.

Tetsuoseraphi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you could all test your calibration it would help me figure my problem out alot more, since there seem to be a few variations of it. I cant actually calibrate it, I clock all three red squares but it goes in a continuous loop and never gets to the next stage (where you tap the four corners) but if i click around the squares (mainly to the left of them) it works, but this leaves me with a very badly calibrated touch screen. It makes sense that my screen has slide to the right a little, which is what i thought.

anyone else got the issue?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, I always see this dude's shorts, he sounds pretty annoying.