Gaming Touchscreen games like Project Rub or others using it?

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've suddenly realised that I've never played a proper touchscreen game like Project Rub/Feel the Magic, where you use the stylus to play the game (with the exception of Go! Go! Cosmo Cops, which I don't count as it is a peculiar platformer).

Can anyone recommend me other games which rely heavily/solely on the touchscreen in the sense that you don't merely "click" with the stylus, but actually do stuff? A single game or a game with minigames, either will do. I'd love if you could post why do you think the game is good or write some comment about it as well .
smile.gif

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
the world ends with you:
stylus is used for movement, menu's, and the majority of attacks are controlled by applying specific stylus movements to the screen.

trace memory/another code: two memories:
stylus is used for movement, menu's, searching, and using various items/objects.

mrpen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
pokemon ranger
biggrin.gif

all you can do with butons you also can use the touchscreen for
wario ware touched
minigames only touchscreen
(sorry for my english i know its bad)

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Oh yeah, since TWEWY is a RPG I didn't think of that way, probably because I was thinking of all those various minigame type of games. I've almost finished it, I'm in the third week.
biggrin.gif

I was thinking of a game more along of the minigame type, like where you use the stylus in a creative way, like when fighting in TWEWY or when doing minigames in Super Mario 64 or Project Rub. So in that sense Trace Memory or Pokemon Ranger (because you just circle the Pokemon) isn't exactly what I'm looking for. But thanks!
smile.gif

And I forgot that I did play both Olympic games, but after a while they're not so interesting.

@ron975: I thought that you just click on buttons on the lower screen which execute the attacks, right? So they're just a "click" type of touchscreen games, unless the second SW is different.

@The Pi: I still haven't finished the first one, but I'm curious what other games are out there that use the stylus in a similar fun way.
smile.gif
Though I heard it's worse than the first one, did you try it - what do you think?

The Pi

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Fel said:
@The Pi: I still haven't finished the first one, but I'm curious what other games are out there that use the stylus in a similar fun way.
smile.gif
Though I heard it's worse than the first one, did you try it - what do you think?
Well it's not as good as the first one but it's still a good game (and if you going to download it, why not give it try?)

Didu50

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Almost forgot these!
Rhythm Heaven, Elite Beat Agents, And Even Ninja Gaiden- Sorta, you use your stylus to walk and draw symbols when attacking.

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Rhythm Heaven
The Rub Rabbits
WarioWare: Touched!
WarioWare: DIY
Trace Memory
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
Rabbids Go Home
Cooking Mama
Cooking Mama 2: Dinner with Friends
Cooking Mama 3: Shop and Chop
Gardening Mama
Crafting Mama
The Sims 3 (maybe 80% touch screen. Buttons used for zooming and such)
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia
Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs
Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light
Final Fantasy III DS
Final Fantasy IV DS
Izuna: Legend of the Unemployed Ninja
Taiko no Tatsujin DS
Meccha! Taiko no Tatsujin DS 7tsu no Shima no Daibouken
Taiko no Tatsujin DS Dororon Yokai Daikessen
Elite Beat Agents
Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan
Moeru Nekketsu Rhythm Damashii! Osu Tatakae Ouendan 2
Michael Jackson: The Experience
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team

...I can't think of any more.

Inunah

Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Fel said:
Okay, thanks!

Cooking/other Mama sounds interesting, which one would you recommend?
biggrin.gif
Well, Cooking Mama 1 has the most recipes, Cooking Mama 2 has the best recipes, and Cooking Mama 3 has updated gameplay mechanics. Crafting Mama hasn't been dumped yet (though looks awesome), and Gardening Mama gets really stale and boring unless you want to spend 3 hours keeping all of your plants alive before you quit.

It depends on what you're looking for, though. I, personally, always keep all 3 Cooking Mama games on my R4 (and ban Gardening Mama from my house), but that's subject to change once Crafting Mama's had a scene release.

Inunah

Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Fel said:
People say that 3 has a different "engine" for minigames and is not as addicting as 2, though it has more modes and improved stuff. What do you think? I'm wondering which one to go for first.
biggrin.gif

Well, I'd say start with the first Cooking Mama, since that's the one most people start with... There are a lot of recipes and it can get you used to how loud the games are, since it's the quietest of the 3 games (Seriously, I was playing 3 in my room with the volume all the way up and when I finished one step of a recipe the jingle played and was so loud my sister complained, and I was in my room with the door closed while she was in her room with the door closed)...

But blah... 3's got this minigame tacked on where you make Cooking Mama's daughter go shopping or something. Weird. I never play that part of the game.

2 feels kind of lacking, too... But whatever.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It could get banned from PSN but you can change your ID I think?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you try wearing them?