Hacking Touch scrfeen not working after replacing shell

sweany

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi

My gf had a pink dsl which she hardle ever played, so i bought a genuine red shell for it. Yesterday i swapped them over (including the screen borders) now when booting the bottom touch screen doesnt work at all. Anyone know what i might have done ?

Cheers

Sweany

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
ummm, you cut it? cut through it on accident? It no longer reconises the touch cause there is no longer a connected cable to send the motion. Unless you have some solder, and soldering iron and heat shrink, its unfixible.

Lesson learnt: "Dont change your shell, put up with it, Remember, Pink is the new black"

WioWao

Trophies
XP
Country
Quote from NDSL disassembly/reassembly guide, - thieves like us
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=98240

QUOTE said:
symptom:
the ds lite powers up, however the touch screen does not appear to work properly.
potential solution:
disassemble the lower shell and check the connection of the small flexible cable. the locking mechanism for this connector is different and works in the opposite direction (as shown below). additionally, check to make sure that no foreign particles have become trapped between the lower display and the frame area of the shell. pressure caused by foreign debris can cause the touch screen to malfunction.

You might want to check out the rest of the guide to see what you could have done wrong.

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you also mentioned that you replaced the border frames.

it's quite possible that you destroyed the touch screen when lifting off the original pink coloured frame from the touch screen (nintendo uses a very strong adhesive that bonds the frame to the top layer of the touch screen. if you accidentally separate the two layers of the touch screen, it will no longer function correctly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night