Hardware Touch Screen not working?

SG911

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if i'm asking in the correct section. If i'm not please move this thread.

So i'm trying to play Ninja gaiden dragon sword. On my R4i Gold 3DS Plus, but when i get to the screen to select save data everything just stops working.
Buttons & touch screen but they were a second before i get to that screen. Touch screen stops working as well with Chrono trigger DS. Anyone ever have this issue before?

EDIT: At this point it just seems with most of my games in general. Tried kirby superstar, everything works but touch screen & it's super werid.

Last edited by SG911,

SG911

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bump!! Still having this issue. Not sure if it matters or not, but I did download and mess with the DS.firm file once. I think that's what It was called.

SG911

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What 3ds you have?
Softmods?
Other cards tried?
Also with original games?

I have a NEW 3DS XL.
Luma CFW
Haven't tried any cards.

The touch screen works in general as it should. Just when running games via the R4. I noticed like Ninja gaiden, Chrono trigger & such.
It doesn't work so i can't actually use the touch screen in game, say i load up chrono trigger ds via my R4. I hit the touch screen where it says 'Touch to start"
The game actually goes to the next screen but when i get to the area to load my save, new game etc. The touch screen no longer works. Same with Ninja gaiden ds.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

SG911

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It could be possible something is wrong with the TWL, try going through the Guide's troubleshooting
https://3ds.hacks.guide/troubleshooting
It maybe focused on a different problem, but it does give the clean files that you need to repair the TWL

I'll look at this now actually, i was gonna see if maybe the rom was messed up in someway, so i deleted it from my R4's SD & was gonna get another one.

EDIT: Wait, I'm having this issue via my R4. Does this link give me some info for that? Seems like that other thing to play ds games on a CFW 3ds.

Last edited by SG911,

SG911

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i forgot i had an old DSi & i put my R4 on there, loaded up chrono trigger & the touch screen features work just fine. So now i'm kinda worried something is wrong with my 3DS in general. At the same time tho, my touch screen worksp perfectly fine, until i load up games via my R4 & start up the games.

BvanBart

Gaming addict #2 and some
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think your R4 is messing with the CFW that you have installed. Only way to find out for sure is to visit someone with another 3ds. (at least... those are my thoughts...)

SG911

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think your R4 is messing with the CFW that you have installed. Only way to find out for sure is to visit someone with another 3ds. (at least... those are my thoughts...)

Another 3DS without CFW? I could try that actually & see then i'll post back.

EDIT: So i tried it on a normal 3DS & another 3DS that has CFW & the touch screen works during game & so on for both games i mentioned.
Starting to think i ruined something for my 3DS internally. If that's even possible.

Last edited by SG911,

SG911

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be honest if a mod can close this. I've been googling since friday & it just seems that no one else has ever had or heard of this issue.
I have other DS handhelds to game on & i really don't know why i made a big deal out of it since the screen works still in general just not during the gameplay of some games via my R4.

SG911

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah well, if I put 1 and 1 together it is a problem with the CFW on your 3DS. Maybe by reinstalling it can be fixed?

Hmm, I'll have to learn how to do that then. Is there somewhere that will show me how to do that without messing anything up?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Bump!! Still having this issue. Not sure if it matters or not, but I did download and mess with the DS.firm file once. I think that's what It was called.
It could be related to that, I don't know exactly how but it's the only thing you've mentioned that seems like it could be related at all. What exactly did you do in the DS firmware? Anyway, all of the DS related settings are stored in NVRAM, if something there is messed up it could potentially cause issues. I've only heard of it bricking DS mode completely, never heard it cause issues like this, but I can't rule out the possibility.
Wiping/rewriting NVRAM should be possible although I don't think a tool exists for it.

SG911

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It could be related to that, I don't know exactly how but it's the only thing you've mentioned that seems like it could be related at all. What exactly did you do in the DS firmware? Anyway, all of the DS related settings are stored in NVRAM, if something there is messed up it could potentially cause issues. I've only heard of it bricking DS mode completely, never heard it cause issues like this, but I can't rule out the possibility.
Wiping/rewriting NVRAM should be possible although I don't think a tool exists for it.

So i messed with that via my R4 a while back thinking i could mess around on the old ds home menu (Which i saw in a video on YT) & get on picochat & such.
Although i realized that wasn't the case so i winded up going through with the whole calibration screen & so on. Then i just turned of my 3DS after.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So i messed with that via my R4 a while back thinking i could mess around on the old ds home menu (Which i saw in a video on YT) & get on picochat & such.
Although i realized that wasn't the case so i winded up going through with the whole calibration screen & so on. Then i just turned of my 3DS after.
That initial setup could have messed something up since the DS firmware was never meant to be used on the 3DS. Other people seem to have used the DS firmware without experiencing those problems though so it's hard to say.
I think you may need the help of someone who knows the inner workings of the 3DS and its DS-mode to help you though.
As for Pictochat the DSi one supposedly works (installed to home menu)
It seems someone figured out a way to get the DS one to work as well. https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-ntrldr-ds-firmware-on-the-3ds.497852/

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
Reactions: SG911

SG911

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That initial setup could have messed something up since the DS firmware was never meant to be used on the 3DS. Other people seem to have used the DS firmware without experiencing those problems though so it's hard to say.
I think you may need the help of someone who knows the inner workings of the 3DS and its DS-mode to help you though.
As for Pictochat the DSi one supposedly works (installed to home menu)
It seems someone figured out a way to get the DS one to work as well. https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-ntrldr-ds-firmware-on-the-3ds.497852/

Thanks! At this point i am not really trying anymore to fix it, just seems like a headache & i have two other DS's that i can use.
If i for some reason REALLY wanna use the touch screen for the games i planned on before.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: @SylverReZ