Homebrew Question Touch input issues on 9.0.0

DerekGeneric831

DerekGeneric831
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Currently running the latest Atmosphere build with the proper Sigpatches and I'm on 9.0.0
However for some reason alot of my homebrew apps like PFBA, PNES, PSNES and Adubbz Tinfoil 2.0.1 don't seem to allow me to use my controls..
Is there a way to fix this?

(also before you ask.. I do have Hbgshop with the tinfoil files and whatnot on my switch.. But when I was using 8.1.0 I could use both HBGshop and Adubbz Tinfoil separately with no issues)
It seems to run OK through the Homebrew menu but won't let me use controls through a forwarder?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently running the latest Atmosphere build with the proper Sigpatches and I'm on 9.0.0
However for some reason alot of my homebrew apps like PFBA, PNES, PSNES and Adubbz Tinfoil 2.0.1 don't seem to allow me to use my controls..
Is there a way to fix this?

(also before you ask.. I do have Hbgshop with the tinfoil files and whatnot on my switch.. But when I was using 8.1.0 I could use both HBGshop and Adubbz Tinfoil separately with no issues)
It seems to run OK through the Homebrew menu but won't let me use controls through a forwarder?
Remove fakefoil and HBGShop from your SD card. They cause issues on firmware 9.0

JonJaded

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah no they don't.Just because you hate HBG doesn't mean you need to spread false info. I use HBG v4.10d and my system works just fine

He can "hate" hbg and be right, as he is right now.

For OP:
You need to install clean atmosphere from the github (just overwrite) and everything will work. The forked AMS included with that shop doesn't have the MITM to fix older homebrew.

But even better: You can go to the devs of the homebrew that aren't working and (RESPECTFULLY) request that they (or someone in the community) recompiles their homebrew to support the new HID state (button inputs) for 9.X.X.

DerekGeneric831

DerekGeneric831
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If you are using the latest Atmosphere, they should work fine.

I deleted my Atmosphere, confjg, bootloader and Sept folders and then just dragged the latest Atmosphere from the github to my Switch sd and for some reason I'm getting "sleep mode library is missing" I even added some sigpatches after and that didn't do anything.

However when I use Kosmos Atmosphere it works fine but I still have the touch input issues with alot of different homebrew.
Might just need to wait till alot of the Homebrew is updated to work with 9.0

Oh also.. Adubbz Tinfoil (the old version) is no longer being worked on anymore so the chances are he won't make a version that works for 9.0 is that correct?

Last edited by DerekGeneric831,

reminon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I deleted my Atmosphere, confjg, bootloader and Sept folders and then just dragged the latest Atmosphere from the github to my Switch sd and for some reason I'm getting "sleep mode library is missing" I even added some sigpatches after and that didn't do anything.

However when I use Kosmos Atmosphere it works fine but I still have the touch input issues with alot of different homebrew.
Might just need to wait till alot of the Homebrew is updated to work with 9.0

Oh also.. Adubbz Tinfoil (the old version) is no longer being worked on anymore so the chances are he won't make a version that works for 9.0 is that correct?
Update the hbl.nro in your atmosphere folder. That should fix your input issues for a lot of homebrew, but not all.

Also if you want to continue using hbg/tinfoil, you can use tinfoilmod. It fixes the issues hbg has with using atmosphere/kosmos on 9.0.0.

It also allows tinfoil version spoofing, so you don't constantly have to update tinfoil to use hbg.

Last edited by reminon,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hands free vr