TOTK 60fps on real hardware?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nakamichi
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 92,049
  • Replies Replies 191
  • Likes Likes 1
Hi,
I'm using chucks latest dynamic fps patch 1.5.3beta4a, latest NX-FPS and FPS Locker.

I was experiencing slowdowns in the chest-only shrines, with Wait Sync on semi. No slowdown with Wait Sync off but tearing in menus. 2nd option is easier to deal with slightly, but neither's perfect. Is there a way to avoid both slowdowns and tearing, or not yet?

Thanks
you can try 1.5.2
 
you can try 1.5.2
Hmm, unfortunately getting the same slowdown with wait sync semi, and tearing with wait sync off, in DynamicFPS 1.5.2 release version. Not sure what other relevant info could help diagnose, but it's entirely playable so I don't mind too much.
 
do you use dynamicFPS in cheat format? for what totk version? can u list it pls? tnx
I too would like the cheat format dynamicfps so i can use so cheats in game!
I don't know if it changed with newer TOTK versions. I am still using 1.1.0 with it.

[Dynamic FPS]
04090000 008331CC B94262A1
04090000 008336E4 B94262A1
04090000 00833E4C 1E270020
04090000 00833E58 1E27D002
04090000 00833E64 1E204001
04090000 00833E68 1E220800
04090000 0090E5D0 BD426260
04090000 0090E5D4 1E27D001
04090000 0090E5E4 D503201F
04090000 0090E928 F9406C28
04090000 0090E934 D503201F
04090000 0090E958 1E210802
04090000 0090E964 1E222821
04090000 0090E968 1E380029
04090000 0090E9AC BD001A80
 
  • Like
Reactions: grubgrub
I don't know if it changed with newer TOTK versions. I am still using 1.1.0 with it.

[Dynamic FPS]
04090000 008331CC B94262A1
04090000 008336E4 B94262A1
04090000 00833E4C 1E270020
04090000 00833E58 1E27D002
04090000 00833E64 1E204001
04090000 00833E68 1E220800
04090000 0090E5D0 BD426260
04090000 0090E5D4 1E27D001
04090000 0090E5E4 D503201F
04090000 0090E928 F9406C28
04090000 0090E934 D503201F
04090000 0090E958 1E210802
04090000 0090E964 1E222821
04090000 0090E968 1E380029
04090000 0090E9AC BD001A80

Thanks, my game plays at 60fps using overclocks but the cutscenes still play fast, (I tested the cutscene at the start of the game under the castle when ganon gets freed).

I updated to version 1.1.0 but still have the same issue.
I tried a few other ones like "cutscene fix" but they dont do anything.

What version of the game are you playing.
Did you add any other fixes/mods like adding things to the the exefs_patches folder?
What is your folder structure in the exefs_patches folder, im not sure im installing it correctly
Would you be able to post your cheats file as well.



Thanks for your help!
 
What version of the game are you playing.
1.1.0

Would you be able to post your cheats file as well.
See attached files
Did you add any other fixes/mods like adding things to the the exefs_patches folder?
No. I am just using the Game, Unlocked the FPS via FPSLocker and apply the DynamicFPS Cheat before loading my game save.

THis works well enough for me to not have explored the exef mods. Cutscenes do play faster as well but to fix it i just set the fps back to 30 while cutscenes run, then up it again when they are done. All via FPSLocker.

With Exef FPS Mods you lose the ability to use cheats as Edizon will no longer recognize them.
 

Attachments

  • Like
Reactions: grubgrub
This mod is compatible with erista switch?

TotK Dynamic FPS v1.5.2 by ChucksFeedAndSeed

also is needed fpslocker? i dont care about 60fps, but i want better resolution/ image quality, btw im on 1.1.2
 
This mod is compatible with erista switch?

TotK Dynamic FPS v1.5.2 by ChucksFeedAndSeed

also is needed fpslocker? i dont care about 60fps, but i want better resolution/ image quality, btw im on 1.1.2
It is compatible with erista; however, it doesn't do anything for resolution / image quality.
This thread is all about increasing the FPS and a lot of people even force the switch to always run in handheld 720p in order to get higher frames.
 
  • Like
Reactions: notbald
Same (erista switch)
1. Dynamic FPS patch (which includes cutscene fix, but disables cheats)
2. FPS Locker wait sync setting at semi (if turned all the way off you get tearing on the screen, very visible when switching tabs in menus)
3. Blackscreen fix patch
4. sys-clk overclock to max (safe) settings CPI/GPU/memory

This gives about 30-ish FPS in busy areas, 40+ in low traffic areas, 55+ in menus (lol). I'm not willing to overclock the system to above what's limited by the default sys-clk settings so you may get more frames if you do. The patch version of dynamic FPS does disable cheats in Edizon but the cheat version has cutscene problems so for me it's an easy choice.
blackscreen fix is needed? idk if still happens this prolem or is fixed
 
1.1.0


See attached files

No. I am just using the Game, Unlocked the FPS via FPSLocker and apply the DynamicFPS Cheat before loading my game save.

THis works well enough for me to not have explored the exef mods. Cutscenes do play faster as well but to fix it i just set the fps back to 30 while cutscenes run, then up it again when they are done. All via FPSLocker.

With Exef FPS Mods you lose the ability to use cheats as Edizon will no longer recognize them.

Awesome, thanks!

This works really well.
A bit of a pain to reduce fps for cutscenes, but those are not very common so far so its all good.

Does anyone have a cheat for korok seeds,
eg max them out or not reduce when using them
 
1.1.0


See attached files

No. I am just using the Game, Unlocked the FPS via FPSLocker and apply the DynamicFPS Cheat before loading my game save.

THis works well enough for me to not have explored the exef mods. Cutscenes do play faster as well but to fix it i just set the fps back to 30 while cutscenes run, then up it again when they are done. All via FPSLocker.

With Exef FPS Mods you lose the ability to use cheats as Edizon will no longer recognize them.
i tried this on 1.1.2 and it crashes everytime when i want to enable, someone have this updated?
 
eg max them out or not reduce when using them
An alternative:

https://gamebanana.com/mods/443100

Reduces the cost per upgrade to one seed.
Post automatically merged:

but i want better resolution/ image quality, btw im on 1.1.2
With cheats you could try these ( these exact ones might be outdated, check the Cheat list for up to date ones)


[Disable FSR downscaling]
04000000 00CAD340 52800008


[Disable Quality reduction on low framerate]
04000000 00CAD34C 140000C0


[Dynamic Resolution OFF]
04090000 01063774 14000015
04090000 00BF0030 D2800000


---

While in Handheld mode you can use the Tesla Module "ReverseNX-RT" which allows you to switch between docked and handheld mode on the fly.
 
I've tried this for 1.1.2 but it crashes, based on the latest LOZ TOTK 1.1.2 patch and .pchtxt to ips convert tutorial from GBATemp.

[60FPS]
04000000 00EAC370 25080012
04000000 008F67A4 25080053
04000000 008F6814 25080082
04000000 008F67AC 250800C2
04000000 008F66F8 A2F130BE
04000000 019B1F84 5D3002F1
04000000 019BD9E8 5D3002F1
 
I got it running at 60fps in version 1.1.2 by using the patches that user posted, Dynamic fps 1.5.1. That and FPS Locker with wait sync to semi as other suggested.
I easily got 60fps by using handheld mode with Reverse-NX, and overclocking a bit the CPU (not sure if the cpu matter really), the GPU to 844 and most importantly RAM.

I'm a bit of a noob with mods, so just in case if someone else is confused too, you should put the patch in atmosphere/contents/0100F2C0115B6000/exefs/...
And if you want to use SimpleModManager to easily toggle the patch, use /mods/Zelda TOTK/Dynamic FPS 1.5.1/contents/0100F2C0115B6000/exefs/...

Hope that helps someone
Post automatically merged:

I have an Erista model and I'm using 4ifir. I need some help on how to overclock the Memory Frequency, as in the tesla menu I only get 1600Mhz and 4ifir max which sets the frequency to above 2200Mhz, which makes my switch crash after about 10 minutes. I would like to go above 1600Mhz but not all the way to 2200, I've seen that people overclock it to 1996.2Mhz or ~1800Mhz, but I don't see that option, is it because my model doesn't support it?

I would appreciate some help, as memory overclocking by far is the thing that gives more FPS when enabled
 
Last edited by Tewisp,
I got it running at 60fps in version 1.1.2 by using the patches that user posted, Dynamic fps 1.5.1. That and FPS Locker with wait sync to semi as other suggested.
I easily got 60fps by using handheld mode with Reverse-NX, and overclocking a bit the CPU (not sure if the cpu matter really), the GPU to 844 and most importantly RAM.

I'm a bit of a noob with mods, so just in case if someone else is confused too, you should put the patch in atmosphere/contents/0100F2C0115B6000/exefs/...
And if you want to use SimpleModManager to easily toggle the patch, use /mods/Zelda TOTK/Dynamic FPS 1.5.1/contents/0100F2C0115B6000/exefs/...

Hope that helps someone
Post automatically merged:

I have an Erista model and I'm using 4ifir. I need some help on how to overclock the Memory Frequency, as in the tesla menu I only get 1600Mhz and 4ifir max which sets the frequency to above 2200Mhz, which makes my switch crash after about 10 minutes. I would like to go above 1600Mhz but not all the way to 2200, I've seen that people overclock it to 1996.2Mhz or ~1800Mhz, but I don't see that option, is it because my model doesn't support it?

I would appreciate some help, as memory overclocking by far is the thing that gives more FPS when enabled
You should ask in the 4ifir Telegram, that's where I visit frequently for updates, though I'm using an older random 4BRICK which has been working well for me.
 
Having the same issue.

Edizon refuses to see any cheats once the patch version is installed.

If i uninstall the patch, the cheats come back. That's why I've been using the cheat version of dynamic fps.
Do you have a link to the cheat version?
 
Solved why cheats were not working few days ago. Fix will be added to Ultracam in next release.

In the meantime unpack zip and replace main.npdm in:
atmosphere/contents/0100F2C0115B6000/exefs

Tested only with Ultracam.
 

Attachments

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted