Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rome-2-Street-fighting-610x254.jpg

The Creative Assembly confirmed today that they are developing Total War: Rome II. The game will be exclusive to the PC and should arrive sometime in 2013.
icon11.gif
Strategy Informer

For those interested, PC Gamer offers a more in-depth preview of the game and what fans should expect from this new entry.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
This is one genre I couldn't see on a console with today's control methods. Thank god for exclusivity for the PC (wouldn't mind OS X, if it's Windows 7/8 only). Can't seem to remember how many times I've played Shogun: Total War, so this could be a nice addition :P

Reactions: 2 people

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I like the concept behind turn-based strategy games like this, but I just can't seem to get into them with all of the micromanaging you need to do. Hopefully this one will change some of that.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Heard many great things about this one, been called the best RTS game of all time several times IIRC, but I never really gave it a try. Seen it play, played it for some hours, but just didn't feel well/comfortable.

Still, this announcement will make many gamers very happy.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Heard many great things about this one, been called the best RTS game of all time several times IIRC, but I never really gave it a try. Seen it play, played it for some hours, but just didn't feel well/comfortable.
That's the main problem with Total War games in general: If the timeline isn't interesting, the game can suffer quite a bit. The gameplay mechanics are quite similar in the games, but the units, events, areas, etc can give a new reason to keep going. I loved Shogun: Total War, but Medieval: Total War was kinda meh. Not a bad game, but I didn't keep playing it like Shogun (a game I still keep installed on my virtual machine) :)

Edit: fixed a typo..

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    KenniesNewName @ KenniesNewName: Underwraps 2 is out checks all the Disney woke boxes