peteli

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sorry if I'm posting at the wrong board :S

My download speed when downloading from NTorrents is very low.
This is not expected, as i have a internet of 3mb. Someone say that my internet provider have that Traffic Shaping. So, I searched a little bit and found that if If i had checked the box "Enable encryption" in BitTorrent, my speed would get better. Bot the problem is, in my BiTTorrent there is no box to check :S

Some other people say that could be the port that i'm using, but I'm an idiot in this thing of computers, so how can I found a good port?

In my modem it's write "SBV5121 Cable Modem", and it's connect to a wireless link (TPLink TL-WR641G) to provide wireless connection for the house. My computer, by the way, is connect to the internet by cable, it do not uses the wireless connections.

So people, can you help me to get a better speed?

(For those from Brazil, i have the modem of Virtua, that black from Motorola.)

Zeek03

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
How is this related to Wii hacking? SERIOUSLY! Plus, Torrents are usually related to warez which is illegal to post on GBATemp. Try another forum!

elenar

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
To answer your (inappropriate) question, Click on your menu tab Options->Preferences. In the preferences menu, select BitTorrent on the left tab panel. At the bottom there is a pull-down menu labeled "Outgoing" under the heading "Protocol Encryption". Select "Enforced". Click [Okay]

Edit: Also good job giving me a port to access your system with. Someone should lock or delete this thread soon for this guys own protection.

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Zeek03 said:
How is this related to Wii hacking? SERIOUSLY! Plus, Torrents are usually related to warez which is illegal to post on GBATemp. Try another forum!
correct and no

not hacking. but this is legal as long as your dont post/request warez. Rules, read 'em

I find that after a bit, the torrent chugs along and picks up more seeds

peteli

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@Zeek03

If you don't know how to help, please don't post ;x

@Gaisuto

Thanks, I'll search more next time

@elenar

Thanks, I'll try that.
By the way, I took off the image, thanks for the advice
tongue.gif

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if this is the case in Brazil, but some ISPs in the US are admittedly bottlenecking or "throttling back" their subscribers who download torrents. I would try two or three different torrent clients, and see how well they work with your ISP.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: loved nes remix, but hated having to play Baseball, Tennis and Golf in order to progress