Group: GBAtemp Ghost
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
EDIT: New thing, I heard that if you don't seed all of what you downloaded or seed it at a low speed you'll get banned! Is this true? He says that he turns off hes computer every time hes done downloading or whatever he wanted to do.

laminaatplaat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Most torrent clients have a ETA counter somewhere on the screen, he should take a look at that. Of course you'll just have to hope your download stays stable. He could also divide the total size of the download by the download speed I guess...

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
playallday said:
I email him and he replied that hes internet cuts off a lot more now (like 50 times an hour). Why?

EDIT: Sorry, double post.

Most likely to be a combination of a cheap wireless access point/router dropping the connection and how badly the windows wireless stack handles itself in that situation.

Edit: clarity.

elenar

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
playallday said:
EDIT: New thing, I heard that if you don't seed all of what you download or seed it at a low speed you'll get banned! Is this true?

This is something that is based on the tracker you are using. Public trackers don't do this, private servers sometimes do.

playallday

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
elenar said:
playallday said:
EDIT: New thing, I heard that if you don't seed all of what you download or seed it at a low speed you'll get banned! Is this true?

This is something that is based on the tracker you are using. Public trackers don't do this, private servers sometimes do.
How can I tell? Thank you!

EDIT: I am using *so**ut, did the *'s to not get banned. It's a well known one.

playallday

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
enarky said:
playallday said:
enarky said:
WTF is going on in this thread? It makes no sense.
I didn't want to post a new thread so I just edited it. You'll never get it.
Umh, did it *ever* occur to you that this is *why* you post new threads in the first place?
Well its all about Torrents. It's not like DS to PSP. Last time I did that with GnM everyone got mad.

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, this is new to me, what's Usenet? Never even heard of it.

Oh, and if the site you are downloading from is public and doesn't require a login, you won't get banned (which your friend is probably using).
If, however, you want generally faster speeds and rarer files & games, private trackers that need logins come into play. They then usually have a system where you need to keep a certain upload/download ratio.
But yeah, don't worry about it unless you've gone on a site like that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ending to the fallout series was lame could've gave us a bit more