Torrent Downloads...

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by SaintFaction, Sep 12, 2008.

Sep 12, 2008

Torrent Downloads... by SaintFaction at 11:54 PM (687 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. SaintFaction
    OP

Newcomer SaintFaction Newbie

United States
    I was wondering if torrent downloads are as simple as they seem... I mean, every time I've tried to get something through torrent, the download ALWAYS stops at 90%... I've read some of the FAQs and such, but they seem a little too complicated for me. I was just wondering if torrents work like they're supposed to for other people, because I don't feel like flashing my router and setting up a static IP address. [​IMG]

P.S. Plz notify me if anything in this post was against the rules, seeing as I am obviously new to the forums (not the website tho, hehe).

2. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    could be just poorly seeded and lack of peers to finish the job and could also be lack of people with the complete file/files to actually finish the job ... a lot of the time its down to HIT and RUNS ..they take the download then fail to seed it back 100% so they only seeded whatever uploaded at the time they were downloading [​IMG]

which totally sucks and defeats the object of torrents [​IMG]

just get the torrents from reliable sources and try avoid getting them from open search engine type sites where they use open trackers .. which are most likely to suffer the HIT and RUN approach [​IMG]

3. SaintFaction
    OP

Newcomer SaintFaction Newbie

United States
    So what you're saying is that the problem isn't my router being able to get the file through to my pc, it's that the seeders don't finish the job... What would you recommend I do, like, I really want to get Spore... and I searched on a seemingly unreliable torrent site (blargh), and it had a bunch of posts like "Spore RELOADED - Full Hack" and "Spore (crack)," but all I see when I click on the file info page is a bunch of pervy links and such. I'm really frustrated, because I've already tried to use various torrents to satiate my vc binging... ultimately ending in the re-formatting of my old computer due to LOTS of spyware. *sigh* I just didn't want the same thing to happen to my new desktop, and Spore is 3.5-4 Gigs would take quite a while to download anyways, I didn't want to waste my time with a dud. I guess e-mail me if you feel like it (amazonincorporated at gmail dot com)... I'm not sure what's legal here and whatnot...