Gaming Torchlight II

drobb

Hunter
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They have finally revealed a launch date of Sept. 20th. Is anyone else excited for this game? i still to this play the first one. I think ive actually played it more then Diablo II. and i think II may actually steal some of Diablo III's thunder, not having to be connected at all times, not having an auction house to deal with, etc. Whats your thoughts?

drobb

Hunter
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im with you. i loved the first, but it just didnt have everything it needed. 2 has lan and online multiplayer. yay! lan games. oh i remember the days of yore going from indianapolis to IU in bloomington just to play Warcraft II over lan. good times, good times.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not exactly hyped for it, but i'm interested to see how it turns out.
It'd be nice if a game like Diablo 2 could be released that's more modern. We need something like that.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is nobody else playing this? My Runic and Steam IDs are both FEGuy if anyone wants to add me, but given how shitty my internet connection is I might not be able to do multiplayer very well.

Anyways, I'm really enjoying the game so far, close to the end of Act I. A bit disappointed that there's no netbook mode, but even though my subnotebook doesn't quite meet the system requirements I can still play just fine at 1366x768 if I disable AA and VSync.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Got it. Played a bit. It's fun but I guess i'm not in the mood for the loot style of gameplay right now. It's just boring the crap outta me when I play. But it's definitely a solid game.

Same, playing borderlands 2, what is the deal with torchlight 2? Its got so much hype lately, never heard of the game at all till recently.

Really? Opposite here.
Heard tons of hype for it before release. Now that it's out, haven't heard anything about it.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've been hearing just the random bit here and there of hype. I mean, the guys who helped make freakin Diablo made this.

I liked the first game, but it was really repetitive. I felt like I was playing that temple in Phantom Hourglass where you gotta go through the same levels over and over and over and over and over and over...

I pre-ordered torchlight 2, but I want to get my catalog of PS3 games out of the way first because I know Torchlight 2 will suck up hours from me.

...and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over

D

Deleted User

Torchlight 2 is less repetitive, but if you've played any of the first game, I'd suggest starting off at the Veteran difficulty for a challenge. I've played once through the casual campaign and am working my way through the normal.
Overall, it's a pretty fun game, and it's very stream-lined in how fluid one level is to the next. I really liked some of the tweaks they made, for example a Treasure Transmuter, and limited enchantments (enchanting is now expensive as compared to the first game).
Co-op is pretty fun as well, but if you play it, I'd seriously suggest completely opting past casual and normal; they're not really all that fun, but progression is very fast once you figure out the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: That was a hilarious YT K3Nv2 :rofl2: