Gaming Top top upcoming titles?

michael18

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hello i am considering in buying 3ds or ps vita.I think i will choose vita because of some better features.Although there aren't many top game for Vita so far.Can someone tell me some top upcoming titles?(like GTA,God of war etc)

potato3334

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Soul Sacrifice is a Dark Soul gameplay type game i heard, and there's also DJ Max(idk if this already came out)

Vita already has some great games out right now though, like Persona 4 Golden, and there are tons of Fighting games out right now like Blazblue, UMvC3, and Mortal Kombat.

If you subscribe to Playstation Plus you gain access to more great psv games like Gravity Daze, Uncharted, and Jet Set Radio.

Honestly though, I think a PSP or a 3DS would be a better choice because of the larger game library

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Honestly though, I think a PSP or a 3DS would be a better choice because of the larger game library

You, Sir, are wrong on the bolded part.

PSP games are playable on the PSVita, DS games on the 3DS. The 3DS library is just as "bad" as the PSVita. There are more games out for the 3DS so far, but the amount of quality games (ie. Metacritic score on the green side (>75)) is about the same. The PSP and DS have larger game libraries, but that's simply because they're last gen consoles and running the end of their life cycle. The PSVita and 3DS on the other hand have a lot to offer and Sony/Nintendo will be pumping more and more games out for those consoles.

If you want quality games on a console, you're good to go on either. If you want this generation games, both are just as good. It's more about what kind of games you want to play on the go. I've got both consoles and can say that the gameplay on them are very different, at least so far. The PSVita dual analogs work great for TPS games like Uncharted or Assassin's Creed, but then again the 3DS works great with games like Super Mario 3D Land and Ocarina of Time 3D (the 3D is used in an interesting way, but this is good if you can see the 3D. Otherwise it's kinda irrelevant).

If you really want to play previous gen games (DS/PSP), you're better off buying a PSP or DS. It's a lot easier to use those consoles for the games via CFW or Flashcarts. If you have a PS3 already, I'd go for the PSVita straight away just because of PS+ and the Instant game collection (PSVita/PS3 games monthly). Basically quite a good library of games updated every month for $5 or less per month. As long as Nintendo doesn't have that kind of offer, you'll be getting a ton more games for the price of one game (around $50 for 1 year of PS+) on the PSVita. 3DS first party games are still quite expensive.

As for games, there's Killzone: Mercenary, Soul Sacrifice, Sly Cooper, Oddworld, etc for the Vita. The 3DS has Luigi's Mansion, Castlevania, Animal Crossing, etc. It's more about what games you want to play. If you like Nintendo's games, go for the 3DS. If you like Sony's games, go for the PSVita.

clegion

Trophies
Website
cfatalis.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
There is Soul Sacrifice , if you like MH and Dark Souls , there will be killzone
for now the Vita is getting more playtime from me , there is not that much I want to play on the 3ds

the game library for both system are both pretty barren

potato3334

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mentioned PSP as a better choice because of a couple reasons:

1. PSP is a lot cheaper.
2. Not all PSP games are available for download on Vita.
3. PSP UMD games are cheaper as well.
4. Installing CFW on PSP is a lot easier than to deal with the exploits on the Vita.

The average metacritic score for the 3DS and Vita may be the same, but that doesn't change that the 3DS has the larger library.

Lurker2

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont care about psp games i want ps vita
So I'm guessing you own a DS and a PSP as well. At least play the 10 must have games for the PSP if you haven't already. If you have a PS3 and are not interested in any of the current titles it might not be worth getting since there only like ten incoming exclusives and only so many of them are good.
Here are some current titles
http://gbatemp.net/threads/ps-vita-game-recommendation-thread.333599/

Soul Sacrifice
Phantasy Star Online 2
Oddworld Munch's Oddysee HD Also on
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus Also on other systems
Killzone Mercenary
Final Fantasy X HD Also on other systems
Dead or Alive 5 Plus Also on other systems
Earth Defense Force 2017 Portable Also on other systems
Tales of Hearts R
Sly Cooper Thieves in Time Also on other systems
Dust 514 Also on other systems
God Eater 2
Time Travelers Might not be localized
Dragon's Crown Also on other systems
Muramasa The Demon Blade Enhanced Wii Port
Shin Megami Tensei Also on other systems

Bioshock will probably be slated for 2014 if it gets developed.

Reactions: Rasas

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Out of the "interesting" ones:
  1. Killzone: Mercenary
  2. Ragnarok Odyssey (Not out in all regions yet, hence upcoming)
  3. Bioshock (Currently no info on the project, likely won't be started until Bioshock: Infinite is released)
  4. Soul Sacrifice
  5. Warrior's Lair
  6. Phantasy Star Online 2
  7. Dragon's Crown
  8. Guacamelee
  9. Dead or Alive 5 (Currently no info on the project is available other than the announcement)
  10. Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 (Again, no footage yet)
  11. Earth Defense Force 3 Portable (alt. title: Earth Defense Force 2017 Portable) (Not sure if it'll be localized, really)
  12. God Eater 2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: oh ye i made a post i did forget they had an account i prob shouldve tagged them in the post tbh